What tires will fit a 24" Schwinn wheel?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 63' Schwinn Typhoon and need new tires for it. Can I only mount a Schwinn tire on that wheel or can I mount another kind?

SSG said:
The easiest way to make sure you get the right tire is go by the ISO number or the bead circumfrence. Examples of ISO would be 507, 521, 547 etc.

Easiest way I have found is read the tire that came off of it... You know it fits... :lol:

I'm entering a Rat Rod bike build off at a LBS, and I'm using this bike. So I need new tires.....

I'm going to make an adult sized Stingray. Gonna borrow the saddle from the Stingray next to it and change tires and add those troll doll grips. Any suggestions?

20130509_171000.jpg

I'm betting the ones on Amazon are going to be the least inexpensive way to go. Blackwalls will have to do, as I've not found any Whitewalls. If you want to go fatter, you will have to switch rims as Balloon tires will not work on those Schwinn S-7 Rims. Good luck to you sir! 8)

Not on those S-7 Rims. They are a proprietary rim configuration that Schwinn held the rights to for quite a while. Your best (easiest) solution is to find another brand 24" inch bike at a second hand shop, Craigslist, garage sale, or other source, and use the wheels. S-7 rims simply wont work with anything else that isn't designed for S-7 rims. No way around it than using other rims. I know a guy in Europe with a 24" Schwinn Hollywood that is up against a similar problem. 1 3/4" x 24" tires are way too expensive to ship to Europe. He is going to switch to different brand 24" rims.

Back