What kind of Steeltubes should i use?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hallo I only restaurate bike usualy . And now i would like to try to build a bike and I don't know what kind of steeltubes should i use? OL? I'm from Europe and the sortiment is not quite big.I would go with brazing because i'm not so god in welding need to exercise more. Can enybody give me an advise please?

Look up a company called True Temper.

They have an "encyclopedia" of frame tube kits available. It's the best stuff as far as I know.

Thank you very much, but what i actuly wanted to ask was for modifing or to build a rat bike what tubes to use.sorry
wall thickness , diameter what kinde of steel cr-mo or ordinary steel like OL 37 or OL 50. And again I'm from europe. reynolds tubes are from america and with the shiping thats not quiet my thing. thanx

Well, you are almost exclusively going to be using a relatively thin wall gauge mild carbon steel. Really easy to find at nearly every steel supplier. They will usually custom cut lengths for you and it's not terribly expensive. They will have a good idea of what you need.

Easy, cheap.

thanx.
i will try it but the only steel tubes i found was black steel used for gas pipes and water instalations and another type was hydraulic pipes.
next week i will try some pipes of them for a swing bike but the walls are thick 2,5 mm.i'll see thanx again

Back