what kind of bike is this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys...i just picked up this bike for a board track project and was wondering what kind of frame it is. the guy i bought it from said it was a 50's schwinn. help me out! thanks!
1330382046.jpg

1330382048.jpg

1330382050.jpg

1330382208.jpg

Welcome to the forum! I don't see anything 50s about this bike. It has a Huffy chainring, and it could be a 70s or 80s Good Vibrations model. What will set it apart from others is the flat plate between the rear frame stays, over the fender. The chrome cap on the fork could be from a Ross. But none of that will make much difference in building a board tracker! At least it's all clean parts in good condition. -Adam

thanks for the info...i thought it was a good deal, got it for only 60 bucks so i cant really argue lol. still have a long way to go planning of getting a cheap ebay motor kit, new handle bars, seat and wheels lol

78' Huffy Good Vibrations. A8.... if useing Huffy date coding would make 8 the last diget of the year, and I have a 79' Gv with same Shimano type D coaster brake and the first year for the 4 spoke 44tooth chainring. Cool bike! I love the way mine rides.

IMG_0774.jpg

since the picture (taken in 09) I had thrown a 52 tooth Monark chainring under a now fully stuffed chainguard and renamed it "Menacing Vibrations", cuz aint nuthin "good" about it anymore. 8)

Latest posts

Back