What kind of bike is the "silverflyer" by Wildcat?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Sorry to keep posting new topics, but I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of bike the "silverflyer" by Wildcat is? It is under the galley pictures build off 5 page three first bike in the second row? The frame looks just like mine and it would help me figure out what kind of bike I have.

Thanks

It's a late50's/ early 60's AMF Roadmaster. The chainguard is off a Western Flyer of the same manufacturer, Roadmaster, The Silver Flyer had the same frame. I've got all the AMF parts from that bike in the for sale section.

Thanks so much, now do you know if they made a chrome model or chromed plated? Mine apprears to be chrome, you can take a look under the post "photos of bike Chrome or hi-ten steel".

I don't know if they made a chrome one. I sanded mine down to the bare metal and it didn't look anywhere near as shiny as yours. It may have been chrome plated.

I looked at that bike, it's definately an AMF Roadmaster frame. I think my friend up in ND has a chrome 60's skyrider, I'll have to see if I can get a pic of it tomorrow.

Found a chrome one:

ixgy0x.jpg

Back