What is your Holy Grail of bicycles?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw one once when I was 8 always wanted it. Have a print add for it I dug out the other day just to look at.
Huffy Slingshot. it was that BB gun I never got when I was a kid. When I was 6 got my 1st bike in Witcha Falls tx.
it was used POS. I rode it down the street and the grip slipped off, wrecked it and the missing grip and bare handlebar
end, combined to get me my 1st set of stiches. After that I did not get another bike from my parents until I was 15 :cry: :cry:
but I asked for one every year. Thanks to RUSTY513 for reminding me of that bike

from my era (meaning bike made during my lifetime), mine would be a Merlin Newsboy. It was ridiculously expensive even for a bike shop employee, but it was just so cool looking.

I've always like Ibis Bow Ties too. =)

I wonder how many people will say the Bluebird?

subadrew said:
from my era (meaning bike made during my lifetime), mine would be a Merlin Newsboy. It was ridiculously expensive even for a bike shop employee, but it was just so cool looking.

+1 The Newsboy is on top of mine too.

A Murray BMX and the same white BMX with white wheel discs I had years ago but I don't remember the name of it or what company made it.

Sentimentally, I would have to say Sears Screamers. I had a Sears Screamer 2 as a kid. Someday I may try to build up an adult version.

But the holy grail of all bikes will be ..........

WHATEVER I BUILD FOR RRB BO 7!!!!!!!!!!!

:p :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: 8)

[ But the holy grail of all bikes will be ..........

WHATEVER I BUILD FOR RRB BO 7!!!!!!!!!!!

:p :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: 8)[/quote]
everybody's gotta have a dream. welcome to hollywood

I've never owned a true vintage bicycle, and I'm sure there will be a lot of Bluebirds and Spacelander lovers out there, but I have always liked the Schwinn Autocycles.
This 1937 is just about perfect (pic borrowed from http://www.nostalgic.net and Aaron Thomas).
001.JPG

or this 1936 (pic borrowed from http://www.nostalgic.net)
2005-12-07%20002.JPG

Love the speedo in the crossbar
2005-12-07%20003.JPG

They are just iconic top to bottom, front to back.

Cheers,
Dr. T

[quote=" Love the speedo in the crossbar
2005-12-07%20003.JPG

Cheers,
Dr. T[/quote]
this is very nice...

Henry morgan said:
[quote=" Love the speedo in the crossbar
2005-12-07%20003.JPG

Cheers,
Dr. T
this is very nice...[/quote]

Headlights are awesome also!

I would LOVE to have an Elgin Twin Bar. Always loved the frame style. But, on a more realistic (and affordable) note, maybe a 1964 Stingray, purple, 2 speed kickback, like I got for Christmas brand new when I was 8 years old. Put a tall sissy bar on it & I rode the wheels off that thing & could ride a wheelie for blocks! Then I graduated to motorcycles & I think we sold it at a garage sale for $10! :(

"Three is the number thall shall count, and the counting of the number shall be three."

My Holy Grail of bicycles is split between:
Monark Silver King Hex Tube
Huffman Twin Flex
Elgin Bluebird

However, the Schwinn Autocycle and CWC Supreme 02326 are also super-sick!

Thats a tough one....a lot of the bikes already mentioned should be on the list, but an interesting style, design, and history make the Evinrude "Death" bike at the top of the list of manufactured bikes.
As for all bikes.......I already own the HGoB, my aluminum honeycomb composite bike, the Alumasled.
Another one would be to find my 1964 or 65(I dont remember which year exactly) String Ray, metalic blue, 2-speed kickback, chrome fenders, blue grips, and later it had the tallest sissybar manufactured in 1966

My Holy Grail would have to be a Schwinn Aerocycle. I'm a Schwinn junkie :) With any luck, I'll have a Ladies '34 Schwinn Excelsior and my Grandpa's 1938 Schwinn Motorbike done up in matching black/ivory w/ Brick Red tires by the end of summer. Both have the hanging tanks - Grandpa's is the one with the door in it.

Another more attainable (somewhat) Holy Grail for me would be an early 80s JMC Black Shadow. I raced one back in the day and regret ever selling it. Stupid things you do when you're young.

Back