What is this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bought the whole bike for $ 10 bucks to get to the sissy bars which I wanted. Took off all the good parts and am gonna repurpose the rusted frame as garden art. Want to sell the goodies but I first need to know what it is. It looks like a old Huffy with the badge from some department stores but am not sure.

Can you guys help me out?

Bought the whole bike for $ 10 bucks to get to the sissy bars which I wanted. Took off all the good parts and am gonna repurpose the rusted frame as garden art. Want to sell the goodies but I first need to know what it is. It looks like a old Huffy with the badge from some department stores but am not sure.

Can you guys help me out?

image.jpg1_zpsj0kcwbk9.jpg
[/URL]

Frame is a Murray, defined by rear dropouts. Sprocket is also Murray.

Thanks! Now I just need to remove fenders and crank and sell this stuff on EBay. I will put flower baskets on what is left and put it in my garden

Yup, that is a Murray. Looks like it might be a 1976 type model, with the red, white and blue seat and accents. Can't beat that for $10!

Yup, that is a Murray. Looks like it might be a 1976 type model, with the red, white and blue seat and accents. Can't beat that for $10!

All the parts I am going to sell on eBay would look really nice on a white muscle bike to be built for our Countries 240 anniversary in 2016.

Did a little digging around on the old net and took a closer look at bike. It is a Murray badged for J.B. White department stores. It does look to be a 1976 model. The only things changed up were the red and blue stripes on the seat and the white grips. Learned a little history today.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back