WHAT is this??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend has offered me this thing for free if I come get it.
WHAT is it? A Schwinn?
Can this frame be cut down and made into a normal bike????

406795_4893942026591_40581713_n.jpg

Looks like a schwinn in front and a murray in back. Looks like a lot of work to separate, the schwinn looks like the rear is smashed together

CCR said:
Looks like a schwinn in front and a murray in back. Looks like a lot of work to separate, the schwinn looks like the rear is smashed together

Some kind of homebuilt contraption? May be worth having just to figure out what it is!

Definitely home made, if you a project or two there ya go, I would pass myself unless i wanted a tandem project :mrgreen:

Two words come to mind.
The first one is Cluster. :)

Picked it up today. Tried to find the serial on the Schwinn half and had no luck. I looked beside the headbadge, on he left rear dropout and under the crank housing....it SHOULD be in one of the three. maybe too much rust and I will have to sand a bit to find it.

Looks like someone wanted a tandem, didn't want to buy one, and had two good frames just screaming "chop me, chop me!" The result is this strange creature.

sandmountainslim said:
Try to separate and save the Schwinn Half or leave it as Folk Art?

Either seperate them and sell them cheap as yard art or part out and crush, an unfortunate end to what looks like a decent Schwinn!

Latest posts

Back