What is the farthest a bike has come to get to you?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Most bikes I get that are higher end bikes (Or were back in the day) Still have the dealer sticker or bike shop sticker on them. I have seen hundreds from Peru, Indianapolis, even one from Michigan city, but I have one from Torrance, CA over 2,000 miles away. No idea how it would up in Kokomo, Indiana. So what's the farthest a bike has come to get to you?

I had one from Oklahoma and more then a few from Kansas. I know some of mine from Kansas was from kids coming to my area for the summer then leaving their bikes when they went back home.

I live in AZ; the furthest I can recall was probably New Jersey

1970 Schwinn Typhoon New Jersey Via Philly
1995 Schwinn Suburban Anniversary Florida
Repro stingray NC
The wifes 1959 Hawthorn Dubai :shock:

I'm surprised Kingfish hasn't chimed in yet. But they don't come to him he hunts them down and drags them kicking and screaming back to the lab. :lol:

Bigcam59 said:
does China count? :lol:
Only if it came from a bike shop there. Otherwise it just came from the local Wal-mart. :lol:

I'm surprised they haven't started calling Huffy bikes by their Chinese name to throw us off. :lol:
Biéjiǎo de zìxíngchē zài zhōngguó

2 whole bikes(schwinn + jc higgins) from Usa to Greece
1 Frame + forks(Wards/Hawthorne) from usa to Greece

2 bikes(Monet Goyon + Automoto) from France to Greece
1 frame + forks (??? Very light racer) from France to Greece

1 whole bike(Electra Jeremy) from England to Greece
2 frames + forks ( schwinn + dub chopper) from England to Greece

1 frame+ forks( Mifa cruiser) from Germany to Greece

I dont have a choice...Mostly old english road bikes or mtb..

The farthest a bike has been shipped to me the Felt El Guapo that "El Guapo" traded me.
I have a 48 Rudge Whitworth, so I guess it came from England.
The Bike Friday that I am currently selling on ebay came from Portland, OR originally.

I had one I flipped from Canada.....But I am in Floriduh, vacation and retiree destination for many many snow birds!

Back