What I like about RRB is that...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everyone is so cool, but not too cool to be nice and funny and happy and enthusiastic. It seems that, at work a least, a lot of people are too cool to laugh at jokes or show any enthusiasm for anything. Too cool ends up being cold. I'm just a nerd, from way back, and it's nice to have somewhere to "hang out" where people aren't too cool to be cool.

Thanks for lettin' it out.

My other passion is rock climbing. I browse forums and its incredible how much testosterone and negativity shows up. Its all about who knows more, whos climbed harder, whos opinion is right, whos studlier. Not that all climbers are like that but it seems to be the jacka$$es who spout out in these forums. And its not even about climbing topics.

Even though rrb must have a hugely diverse group of people, knowledge and opinions, it is almost all positive and encouraging. I recall a recent post asking for prayers and it was cool to see the response. In a climbing forum it would have quickly turned into a bitter religious debate.

Climbers in general are cool people but something about online forums brings out the worst. Rrb on the other hand seems to be all about sharing and helping others. And theres always something fresh and new to find here. This is definitely my go to forum when i feel like zoning out on the net! And i can imagine myself here til i go to the grave!

What I like about rrb is the friendly people that are willing to help you in anyway they can without question or even knowing you. The information I learn on here almost everytime I visit. How people arn't snobs or giving you a hard time because your skill isn't up to power to theirs but instead offer tips and positive reinforcement no matter what your building or trying to do ! How a $5 junker is just as cool to everybody as a $2000 rare classic. All the pictures and eye candy I would of never seen or known about. Also of course the atmosphere here also friendly and positive ! All right rant over thought I would chime in for a sec. Keep on keeping on guys and thanks Steve for this awesome forum ! Best one I've been apart of !

people who build bikes are just too happy doing what we do to not be cool and enjoy themselves at the same time.. :mrgreen:
every local builder i have ever met was a pretty cool/happy person even if all they had were bikes :D

met a guy, call him rat rodd rob.. he built this one mtb that had a long fork made from a dolly with a 10in wheel in the front and had motorcycle bars..
thing loved wheelies :roll: well someone stole it one day.. :? so he built another bike.. :lol:

Im too cool to care what people think of me.. but i just want people to like who i am :mrgreen:

CCR said:
yoothgeye said:
.... I just bought a 20 year old Huffy! :mrgreen:

Which means he pulled it out of someones trash on the curb last night :lol:

How else does one "buy" a bike who visits this site?

(you gotta admit though, the Christmas party can get mighty crazy)

WHAT A BLAST INDEED !!! I think I was still finding hostess cakes debris in my bike chain well into the new year after that shindig :lol:

CCR, was that you??? the lamp shade on your head was a nice touch,,, I thought! :D

Back to the "what I like" -- I've told a number of people to read the "how to" section completely, start to finish. Lots of repetition in the questions and answers over the time it covers, but if you do, and remember even a small part of it, you will automatically become a RRB mechanic. GREAT Resource. My favorite part of the forum, I learn something new every time I pull it up. Thanks Much Steve!

That0neGuy said:
What I like about rrb is the friendly people that are willing to help you in anyway they can without question or even knowing you. The information I learn on here almost everytime I visit. How people arn't snobs or giving you a hard time because your skill isn't up to power to theirs but instead offer tips and positive reinforcement no matter what your building or trying to do ! How a $5 junker is just as cool to everybody as a $2000 rare classic. All the pictures and eye candy I would of never seen or known about. Also of course the atmosphere here also friendly and positive ! All right rant over thought I would chime in for a sec. Keep on keeping on guys and thanks Steve for this awesome forum ! Best one I've been apart of !

WORD!!! :mrgreen:

bike2112 said:
Rock climbing is awesome. What a great sport you do. Nothing beats going out and climbing a section you thought you couldn't do before. Much like taking build skills or finding that perfect bike to restore or rat out. I see a rock climbing themed BO8 bike in our future. One of those front wheel drive kits on an old elgin or stingray frame with huge rock crawler tires on it!!!!!!
R(at)ock Climber Special!!!!!!!

Ok youve got my brain churning. Gonna have to let that simmer for my next build! Oh boy this could get over the top! As others have said, rrb is cool because that inspiration can come at any point!

I get up real early everyday. I get my coffee and come to this forum. It's the best way for me to start off the day as it puts me in a good mood. (read: feeling young!) A great place. Gary

B607 said:
I get up real early everyday. I get my coffee and come to this forum. It's the best way for me to start off the day as it puts me in a good mood. (read: feeling young!) A great place. Gary

Me too, exactly. About 20 minutes after you apparently :lol:

everyone is so cool, but not too cool to be nice and funny and happy and enthusiastic. It seems that, at work a least, a lot of people are too cool to laugh at jokes or show any enthusiasm for anything. Too cool ends up being cold. I'm just a nerd, from way back, and it's nice to have somewhere to "hang out" where people aren't too cool to be cool.

Thanks for lettin' it out.
I just wanted to say, You all are pretty neat. I haven't really encountered any Inflated Egos or Unchecked, misguided aggression in my time here. Im nearly 50 posts in, in just shy of a whole week, but its been worth it, for both the feedback and the lessons. I've learned years worth of information in the grasp of certain hours, and I have all of you collectively to thank for that. I'll be dropping a curved springer on my Zombie as soon as the funds are available, along with a notion of other work. Its "Opened my eyes" [to quote half the newcomers] to what is possible for my funds., and know-how..tools and time.

If I end up being the last person to ever post here, I'll keep it alive for the sake of the knowledge you brilliant crafters have offered fourth for the charge of good company.

LONG LIVE RRB!

Thank you.
Mr. Zombie

i like rbr , it gives me ideas in ways i never thought about & imformation about bikes i never seen before , plus i like seeng what people can do with a bike that other wise would have been sent to it's grave !

Has any RRB-head here ever been intimidated, criticized, or put down by someone riding a bike who you met riding a bike? Nuff said...

Latest posts

Back