what frame is this

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is the frame i got from flying dingo, can anybody tell me the name of it?
thanks

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

it has a 3pc crank with the pins in the crank, the head tube is big then tapers to a smaller size for the bearing caps, same as the bottom bracket. is this worth keeping as is or can i cut it. i don't have the bb spindle for the cranks an i want to cut the bb out an weld in a different one to put in a skip tooth setup. help help

Outlaw :mrgreen:

I bet a cruiser that Raliegh made and sold through Western Auto. I have post a picture of the ad here before but cant seem to find it now.

so cman may have a clue, i don't know. does anyone else have a clue what this is . come on guys someone must know?

yeah, but i want to make it a skip chain. any ideas on how to keep it that would be great. any body else got any ideas on this frame?

thanks cman, this is weird, it has a great style to it. guess i'll cut it an put in a bb to work with a skip tooth.

ok, so since we are having a hard time what this bike is and the more i look at it i don't want to cut it so does anybody know where i can get a bottom spindle for this so i can use the 3 pc cotter crank arms. the bearing cups as you can see are small or is there somthing i can use to put somekind of 3 pc crank in there? a 1 pc will not fit. help i want to get this one on the road
thanks
Outlaw :?:

Hey Outlaw. Are the cups normal size? Maybe you could use something like this...
http://www.bikepartsusa.com/cgi-bin/cat ... conversion
I believe all cotter pin cranks have threaded cups?
I havent heard of diff. sizes of BB cups, just for BMX... looks like we need to know what brand this is to narrow down the search...
If this helps, you should take those cups out and the I.D. of the BB should be @ 51mm

thats what i need but the cups are small, take a look at the pic. the main body looks to be standard then it gets small where the cups are, no thread on this one. thanks for the imput.

Back