WHAT DOES A RAT MEAN TO YOU????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FIRST OFF LETS NOT START A FIGHT OR DEBATE HERE
CAN NOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH

OK SO PEOPLE HAVE MAAANY DEFINITIONS OF RAT RODS. BE IT IN A CAR, MOTORCYCLE, BIKE, OR AIR STREAM TRAILER, REFRIGERATORS EVEN, WHATEVER IT IS!
SOME PEOPLE SAY "IF ITS OLD AND ORIGINAL ITS A RAT." OR "IF ITS FALLING APART ON THE OUTSIDE BUT RUNS LIKE A CHAMP ITS A RAT"
ME PERSONALLY? I THINK THIS : IF ITSANYTHING VINTAGE, THAT RELIED ON GOOD OLD MECHANICAL BRUTE STRENGTH TO RUN (BIKES INCLUDED, I MEAN PEDDLE POWER TAKES A LOT) AND YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT IT TO THE POINT WHERE ITS ALMOST ONE OF YOUR KIDS. AND YOU MAY HAVE LEFT IT ALL ORIGINAL AND GOTTEN IT TO RUN SOUND. YOU MAY HAVE CHOPPED THE TOP ON THAT FORD BUT ITS ORIGINAL PAINT AND WELDS SHOWING. YOU MAY HAVE PULLED THAT SCWINN OUT OF THE LAKE AND RE GREASED THOSE BEARINGS. IN SHORT, A RAT TO ME IS SOMETHING YOU'VE TAKEN A PASION TO AND TAKEN YOUR PRECIOUS TIME AND HARD EARNED MONEY AND BUILT TO A POINT OF SEEMINGLY UNACHIEVABLE SATISFACTION ALL ON A BUDGET. AND BUDGET IS A KEYWORD TO ME WHEN IT COMES TO RATS. I COULD SHOVEL OUT THE $$$$ FOR A GRAVITY FEED GUN AND PAINT THESE THINGS IMACULATELY, BUT I OPT FOR 93 CENT RATTLE CANS AND THAT ONLY ADDS TO THE LOOK AND FEEL OF THE RATS I LOVE.
BUT MAKE WHAT YOU WILL OF THE WORD RAT, JUST BE PASSIONATE ABOUT IT.

SKYLER

Uh oh....take cover!

Nuclear_air_raid_drills.jpg

HA DID I RANT? I WASNT MEANING TO. I JUST WNAT TO SEE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS IS A RAT TO THEM. I HAD A BUDDY THAT HAD A 51 MERC AND HE REFUSED TO PAINT IT FLAT, JUST BECASUE HE WAS TIRED OF RATS BEING ASSOCIATED WITH FLAT PAINT. HE STILL DID IT ON A BUDGET, BUT HE WENT GUNMETAL INSTEAD. ITS THINGS LIKE THAT, THAT SEEM TO MAKE SENSE. HE TOOK THE DEFINITION AND RE WROTE IT TO WHAT IT MEANT TO HIM.

:mrgreen:

I spend as little $ as possible on my rides. I bought a frame off of CL for $10, some spray paint $10, some freebie, some time and wah-lah !.( It does have a black sprocket and blue cranks on it now.) I did have to buy a seat post for $5, And am waiting on some wheels for the right price(free). I side with you, it dosent have to be flat black with red trim, it should be your own creation.

001.jpg

ratrodatouille said:
I spend as little $ as possible on my rides. I bought a frame off of CL for $10, some spray paint $10, some freebie, some time and wah-lah !.( It does have a black sprocket and blue cranks on it now.) I did have to buy a seat post for $5, And am waiting on some wheels for the right price(free). I side with you, it dosent have to be flat black with red trim, it should be your own creation.

001.jpg

MY THOUGHTS TOO. LIKE I SAID SPEND A LOT SPEND A LITTLE OR SPEND NOTHING, BUT BE PASSIONATE ABOUT ITAND MAKE IT YOUR OWN.
AND SORRY BUT ALL CAPS IS JUST HOW I DO IT. ITS LIKE TYPING WITH AN ACCENT YA KNOW? YOULL ALWAYS HAVE AN IDEA THAT IS ME TYPING. I DONT MEAN TO ANNOY

P.S. THAT BABY BLUE IS CLEAN

Typing in all caps is like yelling all the time in real life. Not like an accent. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

Ok, boys and girls, we've all been through this before. Lets go through the safety procedures again.

1. hide under you desk with your hands over you heads and wait for the storm to pass.

2. dont do anything rash or stupid.

3.A teacher will come and get you after the storms gone.

Come on guys how many times do we have to reopen this thread?? This is like the eleventy-seventh time. :mrgreen: (just jokin)

PRAISE THE LOWERED said:
HA DID I RANT? I WASNT MEANING TO.

You're new so we'll cut ya some slack. :wink:

This discussion has come up a number of times on the forum and tends to become a heated one each time.

I've tried to define it visually as it pertains to this site here....

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/gallery.htm

Rat Rod said:
PRAISE THE LOWERED said:
HA DID I RANT? I WASNT MEANING TO.

You're new so we'll cut ya some slack. :wink:

This discussion has come up a number of times on the forum and tends to become a heated one each time.

I've tried to define it visually as it pertains to this site here....

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/gallery.htm
Ratrod- Why is that guy yelling at us? :? :? :? :? :? :?

rat.JPG

Rats: are various medium sized rodents. "True rats" are members of the genus Rattus, the most important of which to humans are the black rat, Rattus rattus, and the brown rat, R. norvegicus. Many members of other rodent genera and families are also called rats and share many characteristics with true rats. A rat has an average life span of 2-3 years[1].

Rats are distinguished from mice by their size; rats generally have bodies longer than 12 cm (5 in).

TRUE RAT:

Rat%20Fink%20Rat.jpg

:mrgreen:

HA HA HA HA RAT FINK.
I SORT OF UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE ARE UP IN ARMS ABOUT THIS SUBJECT. BUT WHAT GETS ME IS WHY CANT ANYONE JUST GIVE AN OPINION AND MOVE ON? EVERYONE DECIDES TO FOCUS ON MY ALL CAPS TYPING OR THE FACT THAT IT IIIS A TOUCHY SUBJECT. OH WELL. I WANTED TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE FELT AND IM SEEIN IT

:wink:

Just tell 'em your keyboard is broken...

Latest posts

Back