what do you guys think?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what do you think?

• I hate it!

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Not rat enough!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its stupid and it wont work.

• I like it!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i was playing around with the 3d modeler and before i new it a few hours went by and this is what happend.
shockspringger1.jpg

shockspringger2.jpg

shockspringger3.jpg

in case it s a little confusing, the front fork is a shock type fork. not bad for my first real model.

i like the fork design but IMO i dont like "the looks" of the axle mounted out in front of the forks, but thats just me, id dig it more if i new the axle was mounted under the front fork, cool design none the less !!! :mrgreen:

There's a problem with that setup. The dropouts of the front fork will move in a circular path (seen from the side), not in a straight line up and down. That means they'll also move a little bit backward and forward.

Because of that, the bracing you have further up between the two forks can not be a rigid conection but has to be a pivot or articulated point of some sort. Depending on the geometry of the links and on the travel of the fork, this may not be very noticeable. Maybe you'll get just a litlle binding, but something may also break or bend.

But that is a cool first model. I worked with SolidWorks professionaly for a couple of years and it's a lot of fun. Way to go!

Hugo

Latest posts

Back