what do ya think? tentitive build, looking for opinions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thx bud, dont plan on using em much. hopefully they won't spend much time on the ground. :lol:

This is a really cool concept and a cool build!

I almost wish the forks could be like 4 feet long with two tiny wheels out front. Like I could see the forks looking exactly like the front end of a front engine dragster. A person could mount the forks solidly and have a steering column rod that ran from the handlebars to the front axle. The steering column rod would have a steering arm on the end of it that attached to a drag link that ran between both front wheels like the steering set up on any generic go cart. It would also get rid of that swing in the frame.

Just thinkin out loud though.....not criticizing.

I certainly think it's cool the way it is.

social that would be cool as heck! and don't think i didn't consider it. :)

unfortunatly this build does have some limitation (ones i set for myself)

first and foremost i wanted to get you guys thinking outside the box for the rrbbo5. :)
by the sounds of it, its working. :)
had to keep the original frame geometry. ^^^

i'm trying to keep this ratty. not ratty meaning rusty, but my definition of ratty. (building something cool with what ya got-cheap) :)
i've actually spent $1.25 on this build thus far (dollar store flash light)
the forks where built with 2' cut offs i had left over from another job.
the material for my wheelie bar,linkage and the rest of the build is also in my junk pile.
its had a lot to do with the direction of this build.

besides, i have the feeling this one will be fun as heck to ride. i imagen it will have a similar sensation to riding a swing bike. :) if ya happen to get stuck behind a drunk staggering pedestrian on the side walk, just pop it up on the wheelie bar and slap that mofo upside the head with the front wheel.
( joking of course)

so now ya thunk it, perhaps you should build it? i sure would love to see a 9' long dragster trike with 2 front wheels and crazy drag style linkage. would certainly rock something fierce!

hey i have had this pic for a while and thought i would share it no idea who built it or how old bu i thought i would share it with ya......
1973pedaldragster.jpg

still looking for the steering wheel no luck ya but i am diggin the apes on it......

FOUND OBJECTS said:
You've got great vision! Top 10 bike ever built possibilities man! Props!

i really appreciate that! not sure how true it is, theres a lot of incredable builds here every month, but i appreciate it, none the less.
i'll do my best to live up to the expectations. i got a feeling i'll blow your mind when i get into the carving portion of this build. :)

heres a few hints of whats in store. think skulls, blow'n smoke.
IMG_6948.jpg

IMG_1217_2-1.jpg

DanasEngine2.jpg

what did you use to carve that awesome artwork....... and how to apply this to your sweet ride....

Von Stans said:
what did you use to carve that awesome artwork....... and how to apply this to your sweet ride....

i do most of my wood carving with a dremel and carbide burrs, but i do have chisels and files i use.

See... Now you really have my tenative vote for top 10 ever bike build...only for the simple fact I too love to carve.
I do walking sticks mainly and it's a blast! I have three blank raw sticks staring at me right now.
I just have to find motivation :)
But really, the bike is gonna kick butt man!
Good Luck Dude!
spirit.jpg

Are you planning on using that bar (or similar) to link directly from the handlebars to the fork?

IMG_3095-1.jpg

What about rigging up a sprocket on the front head tube and connecting it via chain to your rear steer tube.

Looks like a fun ride though :)

Looking forward to seeing it finished up

Hey man what happened to this build? I kept track of your progress until early july when i left for basic training for the army, but im finally gettin back to the site and i remembered your build.

Latest posts

Back