what do i have here any info ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well i bought somethings and got something for free but n e ways i was looking for 26 wheels for my stretched bike he was out and since his moving he gave me stuff and i want to know some info on what i got are these things worth anything ?

first i bought this wheel loops nos never used there were stamped with ( araya 26x2.125he japan) theres two of them and theres a tag on them beautiful chrome
008-2.jpg

then i got a single wheel loop stamped(araya 20x13/4w/o-s-7 ) beautiful chrome also
006-3.jpg

004-10.jpg

and i got this forks also "Ashtabula " i was told there nos also but dont have hard ware for them
002-11.jpg

001-10.jpg

what you have are replacement parts, the forks fit Schwinn and are universal so they fit multiple steer tube lengths and cut the excess off
the rims are low buck items and I have found they dimple at the spoke holes ....watch how you tighten the spokes
the parts aren't worth much but are useable especially for us ratters

Bad News,

I would be happy to purchase those rims from you or trade you some parts you might need. I have been searching high and low for a set with those dimensions 26 x 2.125. I only been finding the 1.75. Email me direct at [email protected] or reply to this thread. Let make a trade or I can buy them.

THanks, Joe 8)

Ebay the stuff-the "old school BMX" guys will pay top dollar for NOS Araya rims and Ashtabula forks.

racer32 said:
Ebay the stuff-the "old school BMX" guys will pay top dollar for NOS Araya rims and Ashtabula forks.

Have to agree with racer32 on this. Araya rims are usually highly sought after by bmx guys trying to restore their old racing bikes. I'm sure some early 26" mountain bikes probably sported those.

Not to rain on the parade here, but I bought and paid for these rims already. Yes, BMX guys would probably pay more than I paid, maybe not. Depends on the day and flavor they are searching out. Truth is I have been searching for a set with these dimensions for about 3 years. Found them in gold, but never chrome. I am happy, seller is happy. These are NOT going for resale. You will see these hooked to a Nexus 8-Speed with red spokes and black nipples. Set of Lightning Dart Indian Head White Walls for Rubber and a secret project bike they will go on.

Thanks, BN!

Joe

Yeshoney, I look forward to your builds. You are always seeking the elusive rim. There was a the some kind of drop center and your 24" s-2

Yea CMAN, something about the wheels that can really get a build going. There are lots and lots of rims types, styles and materials both new and old. Being able to sort of put a project together from a set of wheels can be both inspiring AND frustrating. There is another set of rims that I am still looking for and they are BIG... and I mean BIG bucks. THey are called Alex Supra TX and they only came in 20". I will have to locatre a pic of them from my hard drive. They are the most radical spoke type and pattern ever put together. I had a chance to buy a used set and they went for $700. New I think they were over a grrrrrand! I'll put the pic up when I find it. You will see how you can easily let your imagination run wild with those as your wheels! i will start a new post so they can be shared.

Joe :D

YO Bad News! I PM'd you about the shipping status of these wheels. Lemme know when they shipped. My spoke guy wants to order my spokes, but wants the rims first.

Thanks, Joe

Latest posts

Back