What do I do with this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I got this thinking I might could use some parts off of it, but, now that I start picking at it, not much I can use, the pedals, maybe, possibly the tail light. I might use the seat and rear wheel, but I'm on the fence. The fork is bent, I don't know if any of you have a way of fixing these or not, I don't bother usually as I either get them straight and not needing any work or I just scrap it and find a new one. My question is this, do I part out the bike or should I get it running mechnically and put it up for sale? It's a '63 Huffy, no clue what model though. The old man I got it from said the tank was somewhere in his garage and it had a horn in it-that I could have used and is what I really am after more than anything besides the deluxe rack (this one ain't it), I gave him my number and offered to pay him if he found it. I'm not holding my breath though, knowing my luck. Parts or fix? I don't want a money pit but this thing might make a decent rat. Or should I just take it to the big junkyard in the sky? What to do...

001-14.jpg

003-11.jpg

That fork is toast IMHO. You could prolly get it straight but it's not worth the possibility of needing new front teeth! :shock:

Seriously tho, that rear rack is neat. I'd be interested in it if you part the bike out......

looks clean enough for a project bike to me. i wouldnt scrap it, just put it away and keep it as a backburner project, you never know.

Oh wait a minute...I forgot, I have a spare middleweight fork of that size already I'm not using. I also forgot I might have a front wheel too and that chinese aluminum thing can bite the dust as far as I'm concerned. So that takes care of the fork and the front wheel-I'll think about it. If the rear wheel is what I'm looking for then it will go to the parts lot. If it won't work for me, then I might get it running and in good mechanical shape then sell it.

You could put a different fork on it, weld on a new top tube and throw on a set of tires. That would give you a nice gender swapped cruiser to mess around with.

Can't nor do I want to do a top-tube cut and weld. Don't have a welder, don't want to pay for it and don't need to do it...especially since I already have a 1963 men's Huffy in beautiful orignal shape I ride. 8)

Back