What did you do to your bike today?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on a few forums - as most of us are, and a fun little thread that is always active is the "what did you do to your _______ today" . So if you dont want to post a thread about about the full build of your bike, post your small projects that you did today!

so today I removed the wheel discs from my RRBO bike and put them on my motorbike - big deal huh? well, i had to cut out a larger hole for the "drive" sprocket, then i had to re-mount the motor sprocket - not an easy job, that combined with a high of 98 - i was a man on a mission.

efe51251.jpg

I removed the discs from this bike - I think i like it a bit more without them

c0168dc1.jpg

the front is a breeze to install - but the back - thats a different story - the black wheel in the back is just a place holder

5a3260f9.jpg

i needed to cut out a larger hole - i made up a scribe using a paper clip and pencil to get the radius just right - then i cut in from the center with scissors..

a0c10eaa.jpg

and used a #11 exacto to score the pieces out of it to get a nice clean line.

then 2 hours of struggling with a silly china sprocket - and here is the end result

6997a711.jpg

so the question is - what did you guys do today?

Excellent bikes...great taste! I think the Elgin has a nice classic look without the disc's and they give your motorbike a nice evil look. Very nice :mrgreen:

Oh..almost forgot! I cleaned the bike parts out of the dining room :roll:

all i did was take this picture

Picture194.jpg

and let the noodle wiggle on an idea that's been festering in a corner of my mind.

I like what you have done with the bikes, looks awesome. the skirt guards look really good Im glad I sold them to you :D . I put batteries in my bikes today to get ready for the parade tomorrow that me and my wife are riding in it is for the Bicycle museum 50's 60's theme. should be fun these are the bikes we are riding.
171311.jpg
[/url]
182238.jpg
[/url]

just eye ball work and some basic math....
seatpostionwheelplacement002.jpg

got where my rear ends gonna sit marked out to hard mount it and where the wheels gonna sit so i can get my dropouts tacked in finally.
actual work on mine wont happen til i get a few customer projects out first though...

after cleaning and packing an old MTB wheel/axle this afternoon, i overfilled and exploded the innertube while airing up down at the car tire place today. it was loud. it was embarrassing :oops:

the day porter in my building (janitor) :wink: he knows I'm a bike guy, so he asked for some help with a beat up SCHWINN HighSierra clunk-o-matic
I told him to sand EVERYTHING and buy 2 colors of spray paint.
I found him a neck/bar combo and a seat in my parts shed.
he got the rest of the parts he needed at the local swap-meet.
we cut the bars down by 3" and tossed out the freewheel cluster for a BMX freewheel.
I trued up the wheels before I painted them, and convinced him to just run the rear brake.
let the paint dry for 4 hours, and put it back together......
(he didn't even spend $30....)
his single speed commuter! 8)
100_2084.jpg

now I can get back to my wife's Monark build!!!!

yeah lobsterboyx that looks a lot better, both of them. today im going to do an oil change on my truck, maybe some bike stuff related to fixing my rusty higgins. :)

I found the source of the persistent and embarassing rattle... Then tried to ignore it all the way to and from work and then put it back in the shed.

This morning I checked the tire pressure, changed the batteries on my headlight for my night riding cruiser, and dusted off my "pretty" bike. Then I swapped out the handlebars on my sons military themed bike for an old industrial looking pair. So yeah, not too much.

Thanks for all the compliments guys - im having a lot of fun with the mb' but i really need to finish what i started with the old elgin -

but today! i sold the hercules road bike that ive been sitting on for awhile.

d6322875.jpg

Sold to some local kids that are in it for a good time! i couldent be happier!

lobsterboyx said:
Thanks for all the compliments guys - im having a lot of fun with the mb' but i really need to finish what i started with the old elgin -

but today! i sold the hercules road bike that ive been sitting on for awhile.

d6322875.jpg

Sold to some local kids that are in it for a good time! i couldent be happier!

I bet that wasn't too comfy setting on it with that seat. :lol:

we took the bikes out for the Parade today It was a great time Dressing up like back in the 50's. :D
Me and My Wife
]
155542.jpg
[/url]
My wife and our Niece
]
155742.jpg
[/url]
002008.jpg
[/url]
]
002039.jpg
[/url]
002114.jpg
[/url]
ME and some of My Nieces and Nephews.
003031.jpg
[/url]
My wife, Me, My Dad, and Mom
003656.jpg
[/url]

My old seat was worn out and hurt when riding...but newer seats wouldn't fit because the old seat posts were alot smaller diameter. So I cut a short piece of an old BMX seat post and welded it to the end of the post on my Challenger. Now it takes a 1" seat clamp. Seats will easier to find now as far as fitment goes.

d-1.jpg

Back