What did I find in the dumpster?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this bike in my dumpster last week. Someone went to town on it with some rattle can obviously but it still caught my eye. Couldn't find anything on it to identify what exactly it is & when it's from. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated thanks so much so stoked to have found yall!!
20160712_191631.jpg

I feel the same way I thought somebody was playing a joke I could imagine throwing it away I see so much potential in it just wish I knew who made it and when they made it very curious.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

The chain guard and chain wheel are Rollfast. (made by Snyder) It may be a Hawthorne branded Rollfast bike (Montgomery wards dept. store) going by the headbadge area. 60's bike? I don't recognize the frame, a pic of the rear dropouts may ID it. Especially where the chain guard bolts up in the rear.

It looks like a good find!

The chain guard and chain wheel are Rollfast. (made by Snyder) It may be a Hawthorne branded Rollfast bike (Montgomery wards dept. store) going by the headbadge area. 60's bike? I don't recognize the frame, a pic of the rear dropouts may ID it. Especially where the chain guard bolts up in the rear.

It looks like a good find!
Thanks for the info much appreciated! Yeah I'm pretty stoked the price was definitely right! I've attached pics of both dropouts. After stripping the layers n layers of paint on the one side discovered it says "SE" & then a series of #''s. Trying to attach a couple pics. Thanks again!
ee32be68cec9b885d07c3d8cadfe26ee.jpg
68dc11cbb51c0805ab0cef554ba9bc99.jpg

I don't recognize the dropouts for ID, but the paint seems to match the chain guard, so I think the bike is a Rollfast (or Hawthorne model) from the 60's. Can you get a good pic of the head badge?

I don't recognize the dropouts for ID, but the paint seems to match the chain guard, so I think the bike is a Rollfast (or Hawthorne model) from the 60's. Can you get a good pic of the head badge?
Thanks again for the info here's a pic
726712c857375c51c4ae619b2ef28c7f.jpg

Very cool thanks so much for the info Adam been driving me crazy. The tear is done, almost stripped down to bare metal, now if I could just decide which of my 100 ideas Im.going to follow. I'm leaning towards a board track racer idea for today at least who knows tomorrow ha. Thanks again to everyone very much appreciate all the input. Cheers!

Just wondering , what were you doin 8n the dumpster ?:speechless:

SE stamp = Snyder. The dropouts are different from the typical 50s-60s, so this is likely a late 60s - early 70s. -Adam

Agreed, but the chain wheel is the older version, the 70's and later looked like this one. I still can't find a pic of that style frame. I remember someone modifying a Rollfast frame dropouts because they didn't like the dropouts, so they cut them off. This might be the case here.

Pics of Snyder later (70's)
s-l225.jpg
chain wheel and dropouts.

This is a 50's 60's pic
5567-831e82f7be90979eb80f973ec82d660f.jpg

A board tracker sounds like a good idea.

Agreed, but the chain wheel is the older version, the 70's and later looked like this one. I still can't find a pic of that style frame. I remember someone modifying a Rollfast frame dropouts because they didn't like the dropouts, so they cut them off. This might be the case here.

Pics of Snyder later (70's) View attachment 29409 chain wheel and dropouts.

This is a 50's 60's pic
View attachment 29413

A board tracker sounds like a good idea.
Yep I've found the same info as you only because of your leads so thanks you once again
I been scouring the Internet & can't seem to find any pics of the same frame either. Which in one way I kinds dig buy at the same time it's Killin me too, be nice to know what it is. Maybe someday ha! Thanks so much again to everybody who offered input &their knowledge In tryingv to figure out what this enigma is. Hmmmmm a board track racer named "The Enigma" sounds kinda catchy for this ol gal.

Mystery solved? So I was just stripping down the chain guard & to my surprise letters began to appear! I can make out a lot if the letters but besides my eyesight turning to shite throughout my later 30's I'm new to these older bike manufacturers from the past. But I knew the place to come to solve this for me. So once again I'm asking you fine folks what did I find in the dumpster? Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Back