What can I use this for...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love living in a wasteful society. For almost $2 I get a energy drink, and a sturdy little aluminum bottle.

DSC02822.jpg

There HAS to be a good use for these! :wink:

Battery can for an old motorbike style light, or use it for a body for the light itself a-la flashlight mouted to the h-bars?

keep refilling it with water so you can cut down on the number of plastic bottled waters you use?

I have an idea! But I couldn't find the other pieces I needed today. So you will have to wait.

please keep me posted on what you do with this can because there is a guy at work that drinks two of those exact drinks daily!!! i cant wait to see what you do with this so maybe i can do it as well!!

Easy E

Make a disposable bottle....out of aluminum???? There's just something seriously wrong about that. As a consumerist society, maybe we have gone too far.

If you know a guy who drinks two of them a day, follow him around and before he dies of liver failure, and get enough bottles to build yourself an entire aluminum frame. At his rate it would only take a week.

Ok, I will tease ya.

See that tank? I want something similar. I'm going to cut the bottles up, brush the aluminum and add either copper or brass couplers to make them into a tank! Maybe I'm nuts....but. My friend is going to machine something up for me I hope.

merkel_u-racer_1908_sm.jpeg

dang! i was hopin you were gonna do something with a light! thats what i wanna do with my bottles. anybody got any advice on how to do that? like out of a flashlight or somethin, or anything else. i suck at electrical stuff.

Easy E

Light's wouldn't be bad either.

Maybe check out instructables.com I know there are a lot of lights kits on there.

Here's a commpletely different idea:

Find a length of screendoor spring (or similar). Find a way to fix the spring from the inside bottom of the can to the opening. Drill a hole (.5" to .75") in the side of the can. Clip a flexible plastic strip onto the opening of the drilled hole.

Fix it to the bike somehow -- parallel to the back wheel, in a way that the spokes pluck the plastic strip while you ride...

Wow! I'm awful at writing instructions :oops:
Basically the end result should be an amplified version of the old card-in-the-spokes trick with reverb! Plus, the can looks kind of like a little cherrybomb exaust.

This is an idea I've been kicking around for a while. I figure the longer the vessel (can) the better the sound will be.

Strip or paint it, and make it a small overflow bottle for a hot rod! Just drill a hole in the lid for the hose to go through.

Back