What brand chainbreaker is good ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have went threw 4 of them cheap wally world ones this summer ...im done with em 2 ....the last one i didnt even finish using it the first time and it broke ...i was so ... :x so until i get a park one ill b using the ol grinder n punch method !!!!

If you are doing mostly 1/8" single cruiser chains get a Park CT-7, it'll also handle really thick 1/8" BMX and 3/16" BMX chains. Otherwise Park CT-3 wil handle most 1/8" and derailleur chains, I've managed to use it on the 3/16" also but it's a bit tricky.

+1 on the Park CT5; it’s a great tool!

Park tools in general are very well made.

I just picked up a EBIUS chain tool from my lbs cause they were out of Park tools. It was around 15 bucks and I am so far very pleased with it. operates nice and smooth and looks to be sturdy.

My 1st real bicycle specific tool:
Park Tool CT-3
Skiptooth compatible!
This tool has the ability to remove a link and reinstall pin on skiptooth chains.
I put this master link-less drive chain on an Elgin using a Park.

cloverchainwheel.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=45055

I find I need both the one in Charles' picture and a cheapo one too. The cheapo one is best if you drive a pin in too far and the link is tight - it pushes the pin back in other direction from opposite side better than the Park one does. It's the way the slots are spaced that works better.

Back