what Bicycles/parts you have always wanted but never owned?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(sorry if there had been a thread like this before, im kinda new here)

I have always wanted a Schwinn Phantom, just something about the way it looks is very appealing to me, i saw a beautiful one at a garage sale once but the owner wanted $800 i didnt have :( , that and chris king hub set, the dont make the rear with a 9 tooth cassette so i guess its for the best
mid_426036.gif

I'm sorry I can't narrow it down. The first two are still easily available but I will never buy them. Cost to much on my budget but I love the look of them, so perhaps someday.
RedBaronBike.jpg

orangescallopsbike.jpg

The last one is for sentimental reasons...this was almost identical to my very first bike. I still vividly remember going to the store w/ my dad for my birthday and picking this one out (or rather it's identical twin in pristine new condition :wink: ) I wish I had it again b/c there where a lot of pleasant memories associated w/ that bike.
Searsbike-1.jpg

I guess I'm one up on Stepchild, since that's MY Red Baron! :lol: I still need to get the right size spoke wrench so I can unlace the rear wheel and figure out what spokes I need for a 3 speed shimano coaster hub, so I can actually RIDE it! I guess my wanted list would have the Elgin Bluebird at the top, but I'll never have $10k for one! Plus, it may be too small for me to really ride! May one day create a larger copy of one. Really, I wouldn't want a bike that's too valueable to ride!!!! In fact, the most I ever paid for a bike was the four bills for the Baron! -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
I guess I'm one up on Stepchild, since that's MY Red Baron! :lol:...... Really, I wouldn't want a bike that's too valueable to ride!!!! -Adam
That really is a great looking bike! :lol:
And I'm with you on this, I would never own a bike or car that was to valuable to ride or drive...why have it if all you do is look at it, that's no fun to not play with it! :wink:

well Ive always wanted a mens 26" tanker from the 30s 40s and bmx wise Id love an 80s 24" DG or 26" DG always loved those gussets or a S&M widowmaker 24"

'41 elgin with the curved seat tube, '40s cycle truck, mercury/western flyer x-53, '64 schwinn stingray coppertone, a coppertone fastback, a coppertone varsity, a chrome minty scrambler, and a minty black motomag; and i could go on, but i should probably stop. :lol: as far as parts, i wish i had another varsity sprocket to finish off my full-custom. :roll:
oh and ditto on ifitsfreeforme. :D

I would be sooooo happy to aquire:
- an Elgin Bluebird
- an original Schwinn Black Phantom
- A complete Monark Super Deluxe with springer fork, fenders and tank
- A cool straight bar cruiser made before 1960
- A Felt tank cruiser

This wishlist will surely keep my hobby going until I croak!

Bodge Deep said:
A Siren

Never had them over here... they look very cool !
udallcustombikes has one he offered me, send him a pm

ive always wanted a schwinn klunker sadly theres very few of those frames for cheap here :(

Gold Street Customs said:
I thought I had a dream bike in mind, and then Jesse James puts something else for sale on EBAY :(

are y'all talking about the motorcycle guy jesse james? i keep wondering each time these ebay sales come up that y'all talk about.

for me, pretty much all muscle bikes. my parents couldn't afford it when i was younger, and they're hard to find cheap now. i had a little collection going years back in my early 20's, but they were stolen.

anyway, a huffy "the wheel" a couple guys in the neighborhood had them and i always wanted one. i have a rail frame now so i may try to piece something together even if it's not original.

a krate/picker. i pieced one together long ago but it was one of the bikes that was stolen. a stock one, and also some parts and a frame (even a copy frame) for a krate stretch idea.

nearly any twin stick bike. either ten speed or 5 speed with drag brake. i just liked those. that would be at the top of the parts list too.

oh yeah. a hutch f1/hpv bike, or a fairing to finish the one i have.

Back