What are you favourite routes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What are your favourite bike routes?

That looks like a cool place to cruise. Mine would be at my local trail, starting from Eastwood park, ending at Riverscape in Downtown Dayton. It's about 6 miles round trip... sometimes I'll hit up a pub in Downtown...or the China Buffet. :mrgreen: Here's a little video clip of my route...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AG_KLtVLTo

I really miss the Greenway in Grand Forks ND. Year round, even when it's way below freezing.

9ad537.jpg

Now I'm in Florida, and the perimeter road around the airstrip at Mayport is a great ride.

effp05.jpg

Cruisehard, I watched the clip, now that looks like a cracking run, i see you gain some speed near that bridge. Stopping at pubs makes sense. Drinking liquids and staying hydrated is key ! :wink:
And a very nice bike indeed too mate.

Wildcat, One extreme to another. Cold weather doesn't stop me riding either. The only thing that does is rain.
So temperamental weather aside, i'll be hitting it tomorrow.

Cheers :D

we have an old railroad bed acroo the road. everybody used to ride atv's on it till someone complained it should be for bikes only. apparently, this genius hasent tried to ride a bicicle on those huge stones that were left behind by the railroad. i tried it on my mtb, went 20' and turned around. also, the atv's for the most part were more sensible than half the cars driving on mainstreet! the kids and i like to ride down to the dam in town, and they practice riding without hands behind the high school (nobody sees when you wipe out :D )planning some path rides and mild mtb trails for next summer.

lately since i got a truck to haul my bike, i've tried to ride the riverwalk here in louisville, ky when i have the chance and the weather's good. starts downtown, comes out at shawnee park. maybe ride down to chikasaw park then back downtown. next spring i also mean to take the route in the opposite direction, again along the river, to cox park.

also tooling around my own neighborhood. not much to see but it's right out my door and convenient.

also an area called the highlands, but i don't live in that area so i'd have to haul my bike to ride there. for some reason that seems silly to me (not hauling it to the riverwalk though. don't ask me to explain the difference) so i do it real seldom, even though i love tooling around that area.

I live in the country and the roads are too crummy to ride on. I put my bike in the truck and head to Wolf Cr. State Park. Several miles of flat, nicely paved roads that wind around Lake Shelbyville. Gary

Seems to me that people are as creative about where they ride there bikes as the bikes themselves. :D

I read this interesting article a while ago. It's about a girl who rides her motorbike around
Chernobyl! http://www.kiddofspeed.com/default.htm

The bike path from La Jolla down around Mission Bay especially on the 4th of July(best viewing day :D ) , but I go early in the day as it can be a pain on bike later. You can hook together ~19 miles of beach cruising.

Looking South from La Jolla to Crystal Pier in Pacific Beach
IMG_1281.jpg

Closer
IMG_1277.jpg

Boardwalk side of Crystal Pier
IMG_1274.jpg

South side looking back
IMG_1270.jpg

Over The Line (OTL) game going on at Mariner's Point in Mission Beach
IMG_1250.jpg

Some "action" at the volley ball court next door
IMG_1237.jpg

Mariner's Point looking across to Ocean Beach, SD has since sold off the mounted police horses
IMG_1249.jpg

Mission Bay
IMG_1247.jpg

More action on the Bay side
IMG_1246.jpg

Far side of the bay
IMG_1239.jpg

Some folks getting ready for their 4th boardwalk ride
IMG_1238.jpg

Heading back to La Jolla
IMG_1252.jpg

Then again there's the mountain biking

Great pics!

I especially like the volleyball one, it may even replace my current desktop wallpaper. ;)

socal_jack said:
The bike path from La Jolla down around Mission Bay especially on the 4th of July(best viewing day :D ) , but I go early in the day as it can be a pain on bike later. You can hook together ~19 miles of beach cruising.
Mission beach is our favorite beach ride so far. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0whwwR-fIaM

aka_locojoe said:
socal_jack said:
Mission beach is our favorite beach ride so far. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0whwwR-fIaM

Nice vid, weird seeing it empty like that you need to try on the 4th of July, crowd is smaller and better behaved since they banned alcohol on the beach, we used to get 1/2 million from all parts converge there. You couldn't even get thru parts of the boardwalk in MB and over by the resorts. near Crown point.

Mark13 said:
Great pics!
I especially like the volleyball one, it may even replace my current desktop wallpaper. ;)

If ya need a hi-res version ping me :)

55ColumbiaBuilt said:
What, no picture of "Wave House"? I love to girl watch at Wave House!

Yep, usually put the camera down and go have a cold one there, love it when they have the bikinis contests there.

They've got a controllable webcam here
http://www.wavehousesandiego.com/webcam

i never seem to take local photos, but when i'm visiting the folks in illinois i like to ride the hennepin canal path. here's a couple from this summer....

DSC02240.jpg

DSC02261.jpg

DSC02234.jpg

DSC02264.jpg

DSC02228.jpg

DSC02262.jpg

DSC02267.jpg

We have a nice system of trails here in Pittsburgh , with so many great spots . Riverfront Park is our usual starting point
004-5-1.jpg
The Northshore
010.jpg
014-2.jpg
T
094.jpg
The Homestead Works Waterfront Trail
088.jpg
086.jpg
040-1.jpg
001.jpg
Point State Park
080.jpg
PPG Place Downtown
033.jpg
Allegheny Commons , in the North Side & so many more great spots , I could go on and on .

dogdart said:
010.jpg
[/quote]

that guy looks familiar............. :mrgreen:

[img]http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/surly357/Alfred_E_Newman.jpg

Back