What are the coolest bikes you've ever ridden?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye said:
I don't know how "cool" they are, but I love riding my tall bikes more than any of my other bikes.
I'd say those are cool! :p

Coolest bike i ever rode was the new stingray my mom bought me for my tenth birthday in 1968 that bike was COOL!!! Wish i still had it. Lemon yellow with a black banana seat and a slick

Maybe not as cool as a bluebird but it's faster. :mrgreen: I still miss her.
P5010003.jpg

Great thread Nick! Thanks for starting it :D
I'd have to say it was a short ride but it was one of the smoothest and best looking bikes I've ridden
Nickinator's Monark Firestone Imperial Super Cruiser
4a4734db-e6cd-4d39-826f-e2414460cf83.jpg

But I have to admit my favorite bike to always ride is my Spaceliner
Can't wait until the snow is gone and I can bomb along river and lakes with it again...
IMG_4641II.jpg

Steve

I've never riden anyone else's bike. So I'd have to say my coolest bike is my Jetflow, it just feels so solid and the running gear is super smooth. But my other 4 bikes are a close second.
Kenny
img_2817.jpg

here is my favorite bike to ride along smoothest bike I have ever ridden
1953 Monark Imperial Super Cruiser
attachment-2-4_zpsc776bf84.jpg

and this is the coolest I have ever ridden
1938 Elgin Bluebird
bluebirddone1.jpg

Nick.

Peatbog said:
I would say my green, 1970 Schwinn Varsity. My dad bought it for me the same time he bought my brother a yellow Varsity, which other than the color, was exactly like mine. Both bikes had the optional chrome fenders. Those bikes were the first multi-geared bikes my brother and I had, and they opened up a whole new world of riding for my brother and I. The bikes were also special because my dad bought them for us. My dad never bought anything for us other than bikes. He paid for all of it, but it was my mom who actually went out and bought stuff. But not with bikes. My dad always bought us bikes. Bikes meant a lot to my dad. When he was a kid, he lived out in the country in the middle of nowhere. His mailbox was two miles from his house. His dad, my grandfather, was an alcoholic who would beat my dad if he did not get the mail back to him in a certain amount of time. So my dad had to run four miles each day in an effort to get the mail back soon enough to avoid a beating. When he obtained a bike, he didn't have to run four miles at a speed that left his lungs burning each and every day.

The Schwinn Varsity was the last bike my dad ever bought me because it lasted until I was old enough to buy my own. I still have it.

To me; stories like this are what it's all about.

Coolest bike was my first. ('75(?) Jr. Sting Ray)

I'm working on one to take the #1 spot.

I know I can't go back; but it's fun to try. 8)

A bmx trike i had build back then , i could do 360* wheelies on it (right wheel driven)
Also a little vintage double spring suspension motocross bike , i had tone off fun in the dirt trails with this one
sadly the coolest bike i ever ridden are all mines , where i live , i think i came across only 3 or 4 guys with custom cruiser or chopper in my life :? ... only custom fixies around here and some rare lowrider bikes:(

MplsCoaster said:
Great thread Nick! Thanks for starting it :D
I'd have to say it was a short ride but it was one of the smoothest and best looking bikes I've ridden
Nickinator's Monark Firestone Imperial Super Cruiser
4a4734db-e6cd-4d39-826f-e2414460cf83.jpg

But I have to admit my favorite bike to always ride is my Spaceliner
Can't wait until the snow is gone and I can bomb along river and lakes with it again...
IMG_4641II.jpg

Steve
these 2 chrome/silver bikes are so beautiful :shock:

My Bikes, of course! Both of these are very comfortable to ride - the '49 CWC with the Shockmaster Fork rides like a Cadillac as we all know and the Dyno with 3" Tires absorbs all the turbulance I thought I'd get off the road surface. Either one works for me! Robert

RRBBO5 Entry "CWC-1" 1949 Cleveland Welding Roadmaster

2291948-48CWCRoadmaster.jpg

1990s Dyno Roadster

410bDyno.jpg

well I have added a new bike to the coolest bike I have ever ridden its a 37 evinrude.
these bikes are extremely rare and were recalled in 1937 due to a design Fla that the fork almost always snapped of as the bike consists of over 1000 pieces and was all cast aluminum and no welds what so ever. they made 300 of them and 150 were recalled only 30 remain today

Nickinator said:
well I have added a new bike to the coolest bike I have ever ridden its a 37 evinrude.
these bikes are extremely rare and were recalled in 1937 due to a design Fla that the fork almost always snapped of as the bike consists of over 1000 pieces and was all cast aluminum and no welds what so ever. they made 300 of them and 150 were recalled only 30 remain today

Dang. That's awesome.

deven_science said:
Nickinator said:

Dang. That's awesome.
+1

I consider myself privileged to ride some of the coolest rides of my life today; although, the Schwinn Sting-Ray of my childhood in the 60’s will forever be the coolest.

Back