western flyer roundup

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: womens western flyer

27715724.gif

60329264.gif

24847563.gif

and last but not least, what I'm imagining will be my main ride
76865037.gif

picking em all up tomorrow

That last bike is sweet.....Is that a built in cup holder on that rack ?
Man throw some tires and pedals and some big apes you would be all set...
Nice find good luck with it..post a picture of it when its done to your liking.. :wink:

thats exactly what i'm thinking. i'm hoping it can take the fat whitewalls i have already. I hope to just clean it up, rewire the headlight, and I'm debating between some moonbars or apes. the roadbikes I'll prob try to flip or fixie then flip to some hipsters. The other cruiser I'll prob use in the next rrbo depending on the theme

theh ole is for something. that's about all i know. it's got what looks like a metal lead for some kind of device. all the lights are busted on these things and there's a good deal of rust on some of the parts. i figure I can combine all 4 into 2 decent bikes. the road bikes both have 3 speed hubs. I'm hoping to transfer those to the cruisers. and the rear racks all have the rattraps for clamping onto pretty much anything. i'll get around to taking pictures when progress is actually made

it really is for a flashing rear light...I saw an old ad somewhere but cant find it now...called strobe-O-lite or somethin....

Markm is right about light on rear rack
murray_space_flight_ad.jpg

The ad says new electric 360 degree flashing dome warning signal. I have that same bike and we are currently working on a rear light setup to fit in the hole. It will not be original but since I imagine that these lights are next to impossible to come by it will hopefully be the next best thing.

I figure something with more wires. the top of the tank is busted where the western flyer logo and on/off switch was originally located. I'm gonna try to patch it and put a few switch slots for the headlights and maybe an electric horn or something

i can't think of anything better than a cold one to put in that round spot on the rack. you know, a soda. ahem.

Latest posts

Back