western flyer let down :(

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saw this ad for "adults 50's western flyer x-53" called the lady who didnt know anything about it but that it was her grandfathers...jumped into the car drove 1000mph to get there and find its a 24 inch and not a model x-53 ...well i offered way less and even picked up her yard decor bicycle .. still feel like punching myself in the face for buying them

IMAG0744_zps6fe88f2b.jpg

IMAG0745_zpsfc7791ce.jpg

yard decor
IMAG0743_zps0362d3fb.jpg

Not sure I'd do a 5hr trip without knowing what I was going for. :?

Could make a cool bike out of it though. Both cool bikes, especialy if you got a good deal.

Don't beat yourself up, these things happen! Plus that bike still looks really cool! I can't even count the number of times where I bought a bike that needed tons more work than expected or the model was different than advertised, etc. After all that calling and emailing its hard to come home with nothing. That said, after a few disappointment bikes started taking up garage space, I decided to start saving my money for more interesting and quality bikes!

Wow, I sure wish people would research stuff BEFORE putting it up for sale. How do you mistake a 24" for a 26"??? And an X-53 is unmistakable... well, so I thought!

I had the same type of let down a couple of years ago . I rushed out to get a sweet Colson looptail , only to find it was 24" . I only had a 3 hour round trip . But at the time my kids were the right size for it , so I fixed it up for the to ride , it got some use , then this year I sold it for a small profit , so all worked out well ,

after sleeping a day on it and a few offers later i feel a little bit better about it...the lady selling it was only 100 years old she didnt have a cell phone let alone a camera phone and was informed by a her nephew on what it was or in this case wasn't ...sure would look cool painted up nice for a kid to ride but cant see a kid of today riding it to well this little bike is very heavy

zigzagsworld said:
after sleeping a day on it and a few offers later i feel a little bit better about it...the lady selling it was only 100 years old she didnt have a cell phone let alone a camera phone and was informed by a her nephew on what it was or in this case wasn't ...sure would look cool painted up nice for a kid to ride but cant see a kid of today riding it to well this little bike is very heavy

dude calm down.. thats a cool bike..
i ride old stuff waay older then me, like im 17 and i love old bikes.. :lol: new bikes arent the same they either look like the highquality really expensive bikes or are really expensive.. besides building old bikes is awesome cause you always build something unique.. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back