Welcome to ....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had restored a few bikes and made a few choppers with various long forks and different setups. I made quite a few "Racing choppers" which were fairly minimal (I chucked all the useless parts off, front brake etc ). Then one day I'm at the newsagent(news stand) perusing the hot rod mags when I see Ol' skool rods. Flick through it, decide I like what I see, buy it, go home and I'm like awestruck. I think this is the missing link man. I need to build a Rat rod bicycle, mind you this is 2005 I think, I've got a stash of bikes and plenty of parts so I set to work. I get the mate down the road to help with the brazing and he says," So when are you gunna paint it?" and I reply ,"It's already painted". :lol: :lol: :lol:
IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0026.jpg
IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0034.jpg

As you can see I called the bike "Welcome to...." a name which I stole from WWE Wrestler Al Snow who used to write it on his forehead backwards. The only problem was I rode the bike in the Sydney to 'gong bike ride which is 92k's through some steep hills. The rear brake is a drum brake. When I'm about 40ks from the finish line going down a hill, the brake applied, smoke billowing out of the brake(I had used the wrong grease :cry: ) I only had a rear brake (as all good choppers should,HA!) and so I had to walk down the hills and had cramps in my legs and had to walk up the hills. It took about 3 hours longer than it should. The moral of the story is it really lived up to its name...and the lord moves in mysterious ways..
IMG_00121.jpg
:p

Yes, that's Shimano Deore on the back and Campagnolo cranks,I think it was 7 speed, they just don't make parts compatability like they used to :wink:

Thanks for the compliments old man it means a lot, now I'm off to chain myself to the basement and complete that next project :D

Back