weight ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just shipped a Ross Mt bike to Japan , it weighed 36lbs at the post office packed (less the front wheel ,shipped separate with extra wheel) , just for info, the bike shipped for $139 and the wheels shipped for $68. The bike sold for $299 and I received $300 for shipping, I guess I did ok on a thrift store bike find :D

red_beard13 said:
Those two bikes are sweet ifitsfree! very nice!
8)

thank you.

I have more to weigh. You got me interested now in how much they all weigh. I should write the weights down under the bottom bracket with a sharpy.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
DaBigKahuna said:
I've got a inexpensive luggage scale that I bought on Amazon. It weighs up to around 80 lbs. I just wrap a small length of paracord around the top tube near the center of weight and lift. I'm sure it's not super accurate but if I'm within a half pound or so I'm happy.

like this guy... only I bought mine on Ebay for very little money. It works well. Has Kg's or Lb's

6343582959_c5ef64f51a_b.jpg

Yep same one as I have.

i totally agree ifitsfree...i never "cared" i guess you could say how much a bike has ever weight until i started riding my 29er. and then one thing lead to another and the curiosity built up within the bikes the gf n i own/build. Just started the build with our free spirit cruisers, i weight everything as it was coming apart lol. there will be a thread for these bikes also i started some old fashioned drillium techniques on my 29er, which i also will post a full thread for.
Well off to vegas for the weekend! 8)

I have to get on those scales 8)
I use the bathroom scale method so mine are not spot on but
~20lbs Felt Dispatch converted to coaster, kinda twitchy
Felt14May12.jpg

~27.5lbs Last year's Buildoff bike, 60s Spaceliner, like the ride better than the Felt
IMG_4022-1.jpg

~24.5lbs My wife's super smooth Hercules, mostly steel except the wheels
8Jun10037.jpg

Great thread, thanks for posting the weights :D

weighed another one.

2011 Windsor Tourist (steel) loaded up for a night of camping at the beach (bachelor night out)

pre loaded: (with racks, tools, pump, computer) 37.12 lbs

7394432058_7b6fba1b96_b.jpg

with tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, food, clothes, beers, etc...

7394414622_3baccd869a_b.jpg

68.06 lbs wuhoo!

7394418582_28e88af2a5_b.jpg

wow! what do you all travel with on that bike ifitsfree? how long are your rides?

mplscoaster, i like the stance on that felt buddy, looks cool

The thought of weighing any of my bikes has never crossed my mind. I personally enjoy the feel of a heavier bike for cruising and momentum purposes.

anyone else gonna weight their various stretches/tallbikes/homebrews?

Carbon said:
The thought of weighing any of my bikes has never crossed my mind. I personally enjoy the feel of a heavier bike for cruising and momentum purposes.

the only reason i did at first was from a past buildoff. i started with a hybrid mountain bike instead of the usual beachcruiser. i titled it "the lightweight stretch" figuring it should be lighter, so i weighed it at the end to see if it actually was lighter than my other stretches. it's kind of a curiousity now. it definitly wouldn't keep me from riding my stretches, but i do keep it in mind with future experiments.

Bike 40lbs +
package 5 lbs
Trailer 22lbs
Load 100lbs (this was a light one I have had up to 300 on it.)

Total 167lbs
I win!
todaystrek001.jpg

wimpy said:
Congrats OSC! :D But my guess is that you don't live in the Rocky Mountain area,right? :wink:
Yeah Indiana is pretty flat.

flat or not tho, thats like me riding a bike with two friends being towed on the trailer, would get ya worn out after so long! 300lbs ha thats awesome!
i take it you ride every day as a commute?

red_beard13 said:
flat or not tho, thats like me riding a bike with two friends being towed on the trailer, would get ya worn out after so long! 300lbs ha thats awesome!
i take it you ride every day as a commute?
Yeah it's kinda my work truck.

Back