Weekend grail scores...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Three pre-war and three just after (haven't measured but I think they're all fat tubes) including front and center, a '39 DX. The Huffy I picked up at the second hand bike shop on the way home for half the cost of the snakebellies.

IMG_20140719_124402.jpg

Well, I'm keeping the '39 and the '42, the others turn out to be a '41 (with the little tube for the rubber-baby-buggy-bumpers so it was the top of the line Excelsior- has the script decal on the downtube), 2 '48 fat tubes (one straight bar one curved) and one 42-47 fat tube which I'm calling a '45. 5 forks and six fenders (5 deep one shallow). Was going to build them before I sell them, but I'd let the 45 and the 48 straight bar go (the two on the left) before I spend any more money on them. The 41's likely to bring more money because of that silly little tube, and if it doesn't sell on the bay for stupid money I'm going to get one of those repop Whizzer kits and have at it.

Back