WBO Earth z ♢ Hunter ((Motor'en'''))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gas powered bicycles are big down here. I have seen 5-6 different ones just in our neighborhood. The concept is pretty foreign to me, and looks like it typically involves quite a bit of welding, so I'll prob not tackle it. I do like the steam punk nature of these though, very vintage fee!

Looking forward to the ride vid MC! ;)
If you decided to do a motor project, bikeberry sells kits to mount an engine to almost any bike. Pretty much all bolt on, but it's one of those need more money for parts things.

Gas powered bicycles are big down here. I have seen 5-6 different ones just in our neighborhood. The concept is pretty foreign to me, and looks like it typically involves quite a bit of welding, so I'll prob not tackle it. I do like the steam punk nature of these though, very vintage fee!

From what I've found with these, is you pretty much have to take a toolkit with you, it might break down along the way.

They are fun when theu run!

They seem to be bolt on when the frame is actually big enough. I've been holding out for a frame with a big belly in the down tube, in front of the BB. I'll need it because I also want to run a 4 stroker. No mix for me. That said, what metalchewy is doing is the other side of the coin. Modding the bike to fit the build. I may have to power up the Zombies Dream just to catch a meal.
Nom Nom Nom...

Guitarl. [emoji450]

If you decided to do a motor project, bikeberry sells kits to mount an engine to almost any bike. Pretty much all bolt on, but it's one of those need more money for parts things.
I've gotten parts from them before. One of my cables came from there.

I've used the original style mounts and clamp mounts. This straight bar mount I made should work well. It's solid and no chance for the engine to roll off to the side. Have one piece of metal yet to add for the rear mount.

With the shorter bars, looks less like a morphed grasshopper... will be easier to handle as well.

Still working on clearancing the chains

Finally got the pedal side to clear.

Went to cut in the chain on the engine side and found a sheared half moon key on the sprocket. Will pick one up at the hardware store later to continue.

Had to add big up front and a sprocket in the middle to clear the clutch housing.

That thing reminds me of that German Shepherd that was born without a neck.

30B9283100000578-3424063-image-a-6_1454164978334.jpg

And guys, don't fear the cheap China girl motor kits. They are pretty reliable when built right and broken in right. I always have two motorized bikes on hand in case a buddy wants to ride with me. I still can't get my wife on one, but all three of my adult kids ride do. You can buy a complete 66cc motorization kit on eBay for about $105 bucks, with quick delivery from CA. More fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Back