Wanted: Huffy Cheater Slick Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I'm looking for a 1968 huffy green (chrome fenders) cheater slick bike. Me and the neighbor kids all got them the same time at Kmart.
I rode that bike till the frame cracked then had it welded, painted it purple and rode it till around 73.
I gave it to a kid where we lived in central pa.
These must be really hard to find as I haven't seen one yet. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks Ken.

CAM02498.jpg

How I remember that tire. Thanks. I got a nail in mine the second day I got it. I sat there and used vista car wax and waxed the bike till my friends dad fixed it!

Here are some catalog pics of a 68 Cheater Slick. You could build this bike with a different year frame if you can't find a 68 frame. The seat will be a little hard to find. The rest can be put together pretty easy. Finding a 68 green Cheater Slick will be a little harder but they do pop up.

That is the bike. Mine did not have a front brake and as I remember the rear slick was just that, slick and no tread. All of ours also had no markings on the chain guard. I'll try to get a screen shot of it from an old video and post it. Thanks again all.

Let us know exactly what you want to do. If you want to build one and put it together exactly (or pretty darn close) to the catalog example, we can help source the parts for you. (Parts hunting is a lot of fun for me, even when they aren't for me)

Those tall Troxel sissy's are incredibly hard to find. But another member, Bikebudy, makes them custom. I got a 6-footer for my custom 26" Huffy Super Slingshot, and have a 5 footer for my daughter's Super Stock.

I owned pretty much the same bike back around 1970, it was a Coast To Coast badged version. They were a Midwest hardware store chain, I'm from Iowa. I started looking about 5 years ago for one and finally got a fixer upper last Fall. It will need a full rebuild but it was the only one I've ever found. Good luck!!

I owned pretty much the same bike back around 1970, it was a Coast To Coast badged version. They were a Midwest hardware store chain, I'm from Iowa. I started looking about 5 years ago for one and finally got a fixer upper last Fall. It will need a full rebuild but it was the only one I've ever found. Good luck!!
Let's see it!

Crash, if you could see how many bikes are still in the boxes they were shipped in, you'd fall over laughing! I may be able to find it over the weekend. Mr. Wilson will back me up on that boxing problem.

Welcome Ken!

Hope you locate a green Cheater Slick. They do seem to be a little on the rare side in green.

I'm the same way usually. I store them in their boxes. I'll pull them out, assess them, start gathering parts, maybe work on a part or two, but until that bike hits the stand to get fully worked on, it stays in its box.

I have a '67 I would part with. Seat, sissy bar and grips are not original. everything else is and the original paint and chrome is very nice.

0acheater_zpsa95c95d9.jpg

Latest posts

Back