Want to convert OCC choper into a trike bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any ideas on how to convert the rear tires of an OCC trike bike to fit a trike bike conversion? I have the wheels and the trike bike rearend, just not sure how to do it. Also needing some help on trying to figure out a braking system after I do this. Any ideas would be great!! Thanks!

If you already have the trike rear end you need the appropriate hubs for the rear end and lace those hubs into your OCC wheels. I would suggest using a trike specific coaster brake hub with the dual chain setup.

Where did you get your trike rear end?

In response to your question.....I have picked up numerous trikes here and there. I have about 5 trikes now that are pretty much complete.

THen the brakes should be the same as on those trikes, but you will have to relace your OCC rims onto trike hubs.

What's different about trike hubs and normal front wheel hubs?

Seems to me you could use any hub that is on the wheel as long as your threaded trike axle is long enought to go all the way through the hub.

I have laced 100mm hoops to a trike hub, two sets. I would suggest that you measure everything you intend to use to get an idea of clearance first. The really weird thing in this application is the angle of the spokes on the finished wheel. Almost any other wheel build will result in spokes that angle outward from the rim to the hub. Not so on this applicaton, you end up with an almost straight line! I found out that i had to do my radial adjustment (outside diameter) first, then my lateral (side to side) for the tension/true to be succesful. If you end up having small clearance issues, than a dish can be done to correct it. As far as brakes, you probably already have a braking system in place that is functional, why change it up? There is also the possibility of having a braking system on the front wheel alone as well. :wink:

Back