wait till you see what i saved from the scrap yard...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok it is a columbia banana seat play bike,,,orange with to 2 handle bars coming out of the crown.....ill post a pic soon.
ya it was $7 in scrap weight...nice,,
o wow this is just a pic I found of this bike...this is not my bike,,,
mine has a kick back brake..and single spped.Ill clean it up and take a pic.
playbike.jpg

im pretty sure the bars are the same piece as the fork legs on these bikes, i suppose theyre could be an earlier model with different forks but youve probably got somethin off a different bike eddie

cool find btw Brian, playbikes are one of my favs :D

is that a third crown under the headlight or is that a mounting bracket for the light? if the handlebars and fork tubes are the same peice then mounting that fork to the bike would be tricky. even those two long bolts w/ acorn cap nuts that go between the top and bottom crowns are the same as the fork i have...now its gonna bug me!! ill post a pic and maybe y'all can tell me what it is. i dont think anyone raced bmx with it, im sure it would not hold up to that, but it looks cool on lil bikes like this.

the handle bars bolt onto the fork...2 crowns and yes the light is on the crown/bracket...all the same peace..so all in all 3 brackets.

brian am i understanding correctly...you can take off the handlebars without removing the entire front end? that is...the handlebars are seperate from the fork tubes? these forks i bought have been buggin me since i got 'em, i GOTTA know what they are! theyre not as long as those that CCR posted, they look just like the ones on brians bike except that they dont have the 3rd crown - the highest/top one that has the light on it - and it doest have handlebars. it just has a tube sticking out of one of the fork tubes, but that tube sticking out is a seperate one than the fork tube and its sleeved inside the fork tube. am i making any sense?
fast eddie outty

thats the one i have!!! thats why those two bolts that have the lock washer and acorn nut are just a little too long...cuz there is supposed to be another crown there!!! very cool, thanx brian!!
now another question, are columbias the only bikes came with these forks? anybody know what years? im probably getting annoying with the questions at this point!
fast eddie outty

brian here,,,well they came on the 1988 model that i can find...but ill keep looking....but i think thats the only year the had them..

I had a bike just like the one in the picture when I was a kid. We moved from Maryland, to California when I was 10. I sold it to a local kid, as my Dad promised me a new bike in California. We didn't take much with us when we moved. After we arrived in California we went to Grand Auto and I picked out a bannana seat bike with a 3spd shifter on it. I don't know what happened to that bike. Thanks for posting this, it brought back some good memories. Dean

thats the one I have..its nice....just make a set id handle bars and bolt them on,,,,almost any welder can whip something up,
just tell a welder and I bet it would be easy,

Back