VOTE HERE!!!!!! - BUILD OFF #5

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLEASE SELECT YOUR TOP THREE BIKES

• 01. "1940 Columbia" by Rudy Rude

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 02. "57 Speed Creep" by 48 Hawthorne

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • 03. "Archie Klunker" by GTCOMA

• 04. "Ben Davis" by NOC

• 05. "Beyond Thunderdome" by Chain Reaction

• 06. "Black American" by blackphantom

• 07. "Black and Wild" by garagegoon

Votes: 41 7.9%
  • 08. "Blue Eliminator" by Weekend Fun

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • 09. "Blue Moon" by Ken Nighplay

• 10. "Blue Ribbon Betty" by mtbikn212

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • 11. "Blue X" by skipton

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • 12. "Bombing Betty" by chaunceysj

Votes: 27 5.2%
  • 13. "Boss Ross" by gowjobs

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • 14. "Broken Beat Scarred" by Simpleman

Votes: 63 12.1%
  • 15. "Bruizer" by iDood

• 16. "Cash" by Devilmaysay

• 17. "Cinco de Polo" by JoKeR63

• 18. "Cpuff" by Cashman

Votes: 15 2.9%
  • 19. "CWC 1" by Roadmaster

Votes: 45 8.6%
  • 20. "Dynomite Racer" by zelkmaster

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • 21. "Elgin Old Army" by frameteam2003

Votes: 45 8.6%
  • 22. "Engine No. 9" by fenderhole

Votes: 113 21.6%
  • 23. "Grandpa Rockhopper" by XC204

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • 24. "Hometown Hero" by 59punk

Votes: 36 6.9%
  • 25. "Jenna Saykwa" by xddorox

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 26. "Kindergarten Cruiser" by mrflagman

Votes: 14 2.7%
  • 27. "Knuckledown" by Found Objects

• 28. "Krusty Kargo" by bean

Votes: 34 6.5%
  • 29. "Lazy Rodent" by Monster Metal

• 30. "Lincoln Green" by Hubgearfreak

• 31. "Mildly Curious" by warpigg

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • 32. "Monkey Panic" by Bicycleguy

• 33. "Mr. Goodyear" by deorman

• 34. "Murray Resurrection" by Schwinnspastic

• 35. "Naked 41" by jcextreme

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 36. "Phantom Menace" by John Payne

• 37. "Picnic Time" by purple

• 38. "Poore Mans Dream" by murraymadman

• 39. "Primed for Renewal" by Flying Dingo

• 40. "Resicycle" by 2dawgs

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • 41. "Rusty Brit" by pvwacko

• 42. "Salt Shaker" by hotrodjen

Votes: 35 6.7%
  • 43. "Sandune 2.0" by dirtywater

• 44. "Schwinnliner" by Hooch

• 45. "Silver Flyer" by Wildcat

• 46. "Skull-o-sis" by icyoud2

Votes: 37 7.1%
  • 47. "Steamed Rat" by Markm

• 48. "Stella Bread Racer" by irzouts

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 49. "Stream-Flex" by 37fleetwood

• 50. "Swinger Special" by cman

• 51. "The Bandit" by Double Nickle

• 52. "The Desert Stormer" by 2wheelflyer

• 53. "The Goon" by hewey

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • 54. "The Grady Rocket" by char

Votes: 56 10.7%
  • 55. "The Juak Ali" Graylock

• 56. "The King of Cowley County" by udallcustombikes

• 57. "The Newsboy Special" by ratina

• 58. "The Sidewalk Super Villain Supernaut" by bighit

Votes: 124 23.8%
  • 59. "The Tennessee Klunk" by biss-ness

Votes: 12 2.3%
  • 60. "The Way Out Suburbanite" by Schweetcruisers

• 61. "The Wormwood Limited" by Strings_and_steam

• 62. "Tiki Time Cruiser" by bigcam59

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • 63. "Undertaker" by Kuttnhack

• 64. "Vagabond Gent" by xHOBOPHOBIAx

• 65. "Widowmaker VI" by texasbigjohn

Votes: 87 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
gowjobs said:
xddorox said:
Ah yes the post build off debate again! Steve, don't change a thing. An open vote build off is like the "peoples choice award" and it is a crap shoot. I've seen this first hand in model contests. There is actually a recipe for winning that award and it has nothing to do with top prize in any other category (If you are wondering it is build it big and with whatever theme or movie is popular at the moment). Well built and accurately researched models don't stand a chance in that category. That being said, if you are building to win, you are missing the point.

As a modelbuilder myself, I know EXACTLY where you're coming from. I used to put on a people's choice show (note: car modellers call them NNL's, but that name has a story behind it that's WAY too long to type here), and I used to tell the trophy hounds that were upset at losing, "If a trophy means THAT much to you, spend $40 at a shop downtown and they'll build you one." That's my mentality here, too. A contest like this is an inspiration to build something on a set deadline - a good reason to get a project DONE - and a way to share your builder's viewpoint with people of like interests.
NICE! Well said!

Basically since seeing the board trackers on this site I’ve been wanting to build my own. The build off was the catalyst I needed to get in and actually build one. At the same time the build off was also a nice excuse to push myself to make it nicer than I was originally thinking, and I’m stoked with the results. Thanks to RRB for giving me the inspiration and the kick in the bum!

HotRodJen said:
alrighty so what are everyones plans for there bikes ? i read someone has a artist interested in hanging one up thats sweet! what are everyone elses plans if any

Riding it! Duh! I’ve been getting out on it every couple of weeks or so (tag teaming with riding my mountain bike). On Sunday there’s a hot rod show a few suburbs away so I’m going to ride over to that and check it out, if the weather is like it is today its going to be fantastic. I run thorn proof tubes, and with the single speed and back pedal brakes the bike is simple and basically bullet proof, I know almost nothing is going to stop me on a road. Biggest limiting factor is no water bottle, which means for longer rides I need to take a bag. I should get myself a camelback. Within spring coming on down under theres a great ride along the coast which Im keen to get to, and of course I might be up for some cruising along bondi and manly beaches. I’ll also be taking the bike to Australian Hot Rod Nationals next year for cruising the grounds, and the Canberra Rod Run too, along with my girls Felt Claire.

HotRodJen said:
alrighty so what are everyones plans for there bikes ? i read someone has a artist interested in hanging one up thats sweet! what are everyone elses plans if any

Riding it! Duh! I’ve been getting out on it every couple of weeks or so (tag teaming with riding my mountain bike). On Sunday there’s a hot rod show a few suburbs away so I’m going to ride over to that and check it out, if the weather is like it is today its going to be fantastic. I run thorn proof tubes, and with the single speed and back pedal brakes the bike is simple and basically bullet proof, I know almost nothing is going to stop me on a road. Biggest limiting factor is no water bottle, which means for longer rides I need to take a bag. I should get myself a camelback. Within spring coming on down under theres a great ride along the coast which Im keen to get to, and of course I might be up for some cruising along bondi and manly beaches. I’ll also be taking the bike to Australian Hot Rod Nationals next year for cruising the grounds, and the Canberra Rod Run too, along with my girls Felt Claire.

That sounds like fun man!

I say for kicks we swap all of our RRBO entries. We'll set up a basic lottery system for all participants. Then we'll draw #'s and you have to ship your bike to the new owner.

You get what you get and you don't get upset...

GTCOMA said:
I say for kicks we swap all of our RRBO entries. We'll set up a basic lottery system for all participants. Then we'll draw #'s and you have to ship your bike to the new owner.

You get what you get and you don't get upset...

If sum1 draws mine all i can send them is an IOU.... She's found a new home already.

HotRodJen said:
alrighty so what are everyones plans for there bikes ? i read someone has a artist interested in hanging one up thats sweet!
what are everyone elses plans if any

I've been riding Boss Ross a bit, but a 35" inseam and that little frame make for sore thighs and knees after just a couple of miles or so. I think I may end up removing the rear fender and the tassles, and selling her off in a few weeks. Maybe I'll hang on to it long enough to cruise a couple of the Autumn rod shows.

gowjobs said:
HotRodJen said:
alrighty so what are everyones plans for there bikes ? i read someone has a artist interested in hanging one up thats sweet!

I've been riding Boss Ross a bit, but a 35" inseam and that little frame make for sore thighs and knees after just a couple of miles or so. I think I may end up removing the rear fender and the tassles, and selling her off in a few weeks. Maybe I'll hang on to it long enough to cruise a couple of the Autumn rod shows.

ouchie

to answer my own question .. ill be riding the salt shaker in bonneville ..and then in las vegas , maybe kentucky and then back here after my trip cross country only of someone doesnt buy it out in bonneville .. my daily drive 1972 nova needs a new engine and every penny counts been trying to sell my pinstripe panels and if i can get a decent price on the bike ill take it . but i wont sell my '49 schwinn seat with it throwing another seat on for the trip . But if i dont sell it ill ride her around as much as i do all my other bikes

HotRodJen said:
hahahaha yes guys ... i said panties lol .. alrighty so what are everyones plans for there bikes ? i read someone has a artist interested in hanging one up thats sweet!
I plan to ride it into the ground and then start all over. :D

Stream-Flex and Godzilla will be at a ride in Long Beach Ca. this weekend. :mrgreen:
eventually I'll run out of room! :lol:

skull-o-sis will probably become a small part of the halloween craziness around these parts (all bustin outta the grave and stuff) well that's if i don't crash it first. :) (i get a kick outta doing wheelies and do ride it)

figure i'll purchase a science skeleton to ride it and a big breasted mannequin to wear the elvira outfit.(she's been someone i wanted to add to the decor for a while.)

FOUND OBJECTS said:
icyuod2 said:
FOUND OBJECTS said:
Sure I though Doc Icy would win but I thought the The Brewers would have beat the Cubs last night too.:p

That makes one of us. 8) But i do appreciate the kind words from who i gather to be skull-o-sis's bigest fan (next to myself of course)

FOUND OBJECTS said:
On that note I WANT MY "BOOBIE" PRIZE SIGNED. :p

if that is the case, i'll make sure of it. :)
Dude you know that bike rules...not to be all buddy buddy and what not..but call a spade a spade.

bud, don't get me wrong, i adore my bike. that thing screams my name so bad it hurts. :)
old horror flicks, halloween in may (malloween) old front engine dragsters and ed roth wheelie pic's
are a huge part of my life. (and the inspiration)I'm proud as punch.

that being said, i knew from day one it wouldn't be a contender. again i'm super stoked it was so well recieved (and surprized)but i knew deep down that the rrb family just wasn't ready for the likes of skull-o-sis. :) (you'll come around)
it's just so very differen't and sticks out like a sore thumb. (mission accomplished. :wink: )

icyuod2 said:
And on that note, what about the kindergarden cruiser????

that takes some brass cojones to enter a kids trike and talent a mile long to pull it off!

wicked cool!
Wow!!! Thanks for the props "Icy". I just wanted to play along with you guys and this is all I had to work with :D I'm very happy that there was room for the Cruiser in this build. Who knows what RRBBO#6 will hold?

Heck I was happy with more than 1 vote :mrgreen:

mrflagman said:
icyuod2 said:
And on that note, what about the kindergarden cruiser????

that takes some brass cojones to enter a kids trike and talent a mile long to pull it off!

wicked cool!
Wow!!! Thanks for the props "Icy". I just wanted to play along with you guys and this is all I had to work with :D I'm very happy that there was room for the Cruiser in this build. Who knows what RRBBO#6 will hold?

Heck I was happy with more than 1 vote :mrgreen:

like i said to irzouts.

"the shear oddity of this (stellar bread racer) and the kindergarden Kruiser really knocked me up side the head and said "pay attention!"

beautifully done my friend"

ya had me with kindergarden kruiser, i just had to find out where it was heading. :)
you gonna ride it with pride? :wink:

^^^I don't think I'll fit on the Cruiser 8)
I have a 6mos old granddaughter that I think will have a really cool tricycle to ride at Grandpas.( Not sure I can let it go to another home)

Hooch said:
I traded the Schwinnliner for an Electra Amsterdam and am now gathering parts to make a bigger and badder version :)

you need a couple "King Size" Americans to chop/slap together now :lol:

Hooch said:
I traded the Schwinnliner for an Electra Amsterdam and am now gathering parts to make a bigger and badder version :)
Nice. I sold mine. Gonna buy something Minty. 8) 8)

Back