Vintage Elgin and a Westfield, your thoughts? ** NEW PICS**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Vintage Elgin and a Westfield, your thoughts?

I'd buy them. To far gone to do a restoration, for me anyway, I'd rat them. Dean

I called on them just now to get an update/status from the seller. No luck, left a message.

Hopefully he'll call back and I can get some details and info. Then it could be decision time. I'll keep yall posted, but I am just not sure if these are too far gone, or worth the time and/or shipping.

I'd shell out a Buck 25 Clams for them if they were close.

shipping...

they have been listed a whole week already. no one is rushing his doorstep.

Offer 80 and if you really want them, be prepared to go up.

Just spoke to him. They are still there! Now awaiting more detailed pics to a$$ess if it's worth my time and effort (and that of my father's who has agreed to go get them and ship out if need be). My father can ship a full bike to me for $81 (tested when he sent the '59 Schwinn Jag last month). Maybe these will be less as there is 'less' bike overall.

I need to determine what they are worth as well. If the frames are true, we may have a shot. My fear is that they are just too far gone.

Highship, I'd have to decide (if I even get them) if I'll part them or attempt a full, or partial resto. I will definitely keep you in mind though!

The tank's worth close to $100 if it's not rusted through. And those frames would make some sweet rats! -Adam

Thanks guys! I am literally waiting on pins and needles for the seller to email me some more (and clearer) pics. He said he would today, but I havn't seen them. :?

My father already agreed to go get them, if I do it. They are quite literally 20-25 inutes from him in NJ.

I just need to see some close ups and clearer images to make the decision.

I'll keep ya posted!

Nate

Okay, here are the pics he just sent! I think I may have to grab them, even if he doesn't come off $125 for the lot. Not sure about the misc parts he has there though.

Can anyone ID these frames? I'm thinking Custom Deluxe maybe on the Westfield...

CraigsList002.jpg

CraigsList003.jpg

CraigsList004.jpg

CraigsList005.jpg

CraigsList007.jpg

CraigsList008.jpg

wow theres alot of goodies there.... and your right the frame does look like my straight bar..forks a lil diferent but the frame looks real close.... and the tank..man i would like to get my hands on something like that for my build....fo-sho!!
hope you get to snagg them up....

I have been to the end of the internet and back on Elgins, and I can't find one with that paint scheme, and the straight down tube...most are curved down tubes and curved seat tubes. Grrr...

All that for $125? Jump on it fast before someone else does. The tank is worth more than $125. Gary

Got 'em! Yes....! 8) $100 for the two frames and a 'handful' of parts was the agreement. Gonna pick the rest if there is anything good.

Buster1 said:
Got 'em! Yes....! 8) $100 for the two frames and a 'handful' of parts was the agreement. Gonna pick the rest if there is anything good.
Mega score! :D

Back