"vintage" Brooks saddle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be getting this saddle today...can anyone tell me about it? Year? Model? Is it comfy? I never got the privilege of riding on a Brooks before.
brooks.jpg

late 60's early 70's, not the type of brooks saddles everybody raves about.

i think i have 6 or 7 similar seats rotting under my deck.
personally i think there ugly as sin, and about as comfortable as a bed of nails.
just my opinion, we're all intitled to one.

I'd say "bed of nails" is being generous.

Don't pay much more then $10. Lot's of folks would give you one for free.

Yep...its a crying shame that Brooks would put out a product that is a polar opposite of what their name and reputation is based on. :roll: stick too the leather saddles 8)

Brooks saddles were the oem seat for many English bike manufactures. I imagine there was a demand for this sort of seat for low end models as well as the later years when leather saddles seem to have fallen out of vogue.

I've got 2 of those mattress saddles by Brooks, from a 67 Robin Hood and a 73 Raleigh sports. Comfortable, but nowhere near the leather Brooks saddles. Anytime I see a leather saddle, even in bad shape, I get it and try to get it back in shape.

The problem I have found with those seats, and not just the Brooks version, is that they are too squishy to adjust properly for serious riding. If you never had to pedal, they'd be okay. :roll:

typical oem stuff, around late 60s to early 70s. used with those low end commuter cycles. not nice to ride, but in good condition a nice-to-have for a serious saddle collectors. but definetly nothing you should mount on your seatpost.

Latest posts

Back