VERY Cool Hedstrom Childrens Bicycle - help?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this thing up on a pick this weekend in Northeast Oklahoma. The chain guard reads "Hedstrom" on the front and "Coaster Brake" toward the rear. It has solid rubber tires, one of which is split completely. What astounded me is how cheaply the entire thing is made. There are very few welds, as most of the bike (crankset included) just bolt to the frame. The top tube just clamps between the headset. There are no bearings in the crankset by design. It is in pretty good shape and not rusted through anywhere. Any ideas on what year it might be or the value? Is it rare? Junk? I'll grab a s/n this evening if needed.

Pics:

From the looks of other Hedstroms on ebay, there isn't a great deal of value.
Great little rat though! Love the seat and bars.

I have seen the Hedstom name before in Sears wishbook's online.

They made those for kids first bike & it could be put away easily so it's why it looks they way it does. You can take the top off if you have a boy or a girl too. Also the hub looks like a Bendix so if it says Bendix 70 it would be before 76 and if it has 76 then it would be 1976 until the 80's if I can remember right.

I always that they were cool little bikes

Back