very cool hawthorn find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
seller said his dad was hit by a car on his bicycle when he was young. The person who hit him felt bad and bought this for him. His dad passed away a few years ago. He said he would take it out and ride it once a week then put it back in the garage. Should clean up real nice. Paint looks to be in very good shape. No rust, just very dirty.

Some of them had reflectors. They are commonly called parade struts. I have a set on my 41 Firestone. They usually run $40-50.

Those are called Aerostruts. Had a NOS set in the package and that is how they were marked. The ones with the reflectors. They will move people right off the sidewalk! The problem with them is when you try to put them on a springer. Won't work on a Schwinn springer. I doubt if the springer in the above pics moves either with the struts. They make an unbelievable difference in the stiffness of your bars. Aerostruts and cross brace handlebars would be tops. Your front end feels so much more solid. Gary

great fined

Super nice find!!

Back