Velor cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought this one from marktplaats (dutch eBay-like marketplace), am picking it up this week. Will take better pics once I have it here and replace these small ones:

2974283372_078480cc69_o.jpg

2974283328_2cfb45b137_o.jpg

2974308900_cc2f237438_o.jpg

Yep, I like 'em shiny - can you tell ? :mrgreen:
A question: would this look good with chrome fenders, or should I leave it as is ?
I'm thinking about it due to our weather, got soaked on my Ghostrider the other day and it took a while in the shower to get the sand out of my hair :lol: but this one looks so nice and clean now, so I'm not sure what to do.
What would you do ?

Edit: changed topictitle from "Paul Frank cruiser"

Re: Paul Frank cruiser

Google says Paul Frank uses Nirves.

First thing I'll do is remove the monkeys though.
I'm hoping it's just stickers so should only take 2 seconds, 1 each (wishfull thinking alert).

The matter is, I don't really want fenders on it, but probably do need some, also to keep streetdirt from the bike itself and not just me. This bike is going to be a nightmare to keep shining :mrgreen: I'll put it in the livingroom and ponder about it for a while untill my gf has had enough of it - and as I've already ordered some other stuff from the Chopperdome, need to slow down my spending a bit or she'll start complaining I spend more cash on myself than on her...can't blame her really...

Ace said:
Thanks for the pointer Joe, after googling some more I now think this might be a Micargi Falcon.
Cheers !

Nope, it's a Velor I think. I like the chrome frame but the riding position isn't perfect... How much €'s did you pay for it?

You are so right, it is a Velor - cheers big time Max :D if any of you have more info on the brand I would appreciate it, google just didn't tell me much more.

I picked it up this morning for €190 - and first thing was raise the seat and handlebars a lot to fit my 6' length. I still have to finetune it all but riding position is doable as it is now. Handles are still pretty far away, as it's a pretty long frame, but I might put apes on it. I love the wheels though, I think I'm gonna call this bike "The Shining" :mrgreen: I will take some pics later as I'm at work tonight.

Cheers again !

Here's a few more pics as promissed:

2986714414_5fa69d7d52_b.jpg

(I noticed too, one of the spokes is bent, but I just fixed that)

2986714416_75fd94157b_b.jpg

2986714418_aba92250c5_b.jpg

This frame just screams for 2 small taillights on those top 'exhausts' :D

dutchunirider said:
you want fenders on the bike because you will get dirty when it has rained, knowing this because i'am from the netherlands to :p
you can just order a fender set at http://www.chopperdome.nl and mount it on

Never mind on this bike, the tires don't pick up as much wet from the streets as our Electra choppers do.
I guess it all comes down to mathematics: 24" tires spin faster on the outside than 26" tires do at the same biking velocity.
Also the Fatty-O tires on the choppers are like slicks in the middle, and these Velor tires have enough pattern to avoid slipstream..it ain't rocketscience, just trial and error. :mrgreen: This bike is ok without fenders I found out.

Unlike our Electra choppers, they do spin a lot of water over our heads...still looking for 24x3" fenders !
Hopefully true streetsweepers, but Ralph at the Chopperdome said he's got some bareback fenders shipping in soon 8)

Those lights look like they belong! :) I think the bike would look good with fenders too, different look but good...

Cheers 8) still not confinced about those fenders !

I had to put the tail lights in that spot because of the ty-raps, but the longer I stare at it I do think they should be there by nature of the frame. If I was to attach them a bit further to the back, towards the end of the "exhausts", it would distract attention too much from that certain feature...what do you think ? Spot on like this ?

MaXXXwell said:
Ace said:
Thanks for the pointer Joe, after googling some more I now think this might be a Micargi Falcon.
Cheers !

Nope, it's a Velor I think. I like the chrome frame but the riding position isn't perfect... How much €'s did you pay for it?

thing is ... i've seen these bikes- or at least bikes with identical frames - for sale in antwerp a couple of months ago in pakistani and indian owned shops next to cheap pocket bikes and electric scooters. they were no-brand and had stickers on them saying 'chopper' , 'beach' or 'cruiser'. they were finished with ordinary wheels and bottom line parts.

i passed there again yesterday to have another look but they didn't sell them anymore.

It certainly is no high-end bike, that's for sure. The frame's dropouts are not 100% straight and the welding is pretty tacky, the chrome is also not the best I've seen. I decided to get it anyway because I like the overall long look of the frame with the 'exhausts' plus the 144 spoke wheels, wide handlebars and coloured seat, and I just wanted this bike to tinker with. In my part of the world it's hard to find the old USA bikes I like, so I went with this one instead. Am thinking about a longer triple stem fork and raise the front, the angle of the head would make it quite longer. Looks great in the sun as shiny as it is though, it's not hard to get attention with this at the beach :mrgreen:

PS: is there a way to change the topictitle on this forum ?

Back