Valve Caps

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was some discussion in another thread about making valve caps...

I drill a hole in the object and glue in a standard valve cap. Of course your object has to be big enough to accommodate a valve cap.

These were "pencil toppers".
valve_caps.jpg

Thread sizes for Schrader valves:

External (were the cap screws on) ---> 7.7 mm OD, 32 tpi or 0.794 mm pitch

Internal (were the valve assembly screws in) ---> 5.30mm OD, 36 tpi or 0.706 mm pitch

I seem to recall seeing a tap advertised with the correct thread pitch for the caps, I'll post a link for this if I can find it again.

-Mp

Thanks for the info guys. I tried to fit a reg. valve cap into them rats like Cman's and the rubber was just to giving. So I tried burning a hole in them but the hole just closed up. I'm glad Cman figured it out, cause they look cool!

O.K. so now thanks to Randy, we all will be cruising the toy dept. and stealing Happy Meals from little kids! :p I know I can take most of the kids in my neighborhood. Maybe not that Sally Jane chick, she's pretty tuff for a 4 year old!
Garage sales could be a great place for Custom Caps!

.40 cal ammo casing friction-fits onto valve caps perfectly. I glue them on just to be sure they don't pop off.

Back