Value of this 1967 Schwinn Typhoon 26" TWO-SPEED HUB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Central New York State near the Erie Canal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I haven't posted in a while. I have an all original 67 Typhoon with a two speed hub. I actually had two of these and I used the best parts to build this one. It has the "Radiant Coppertone" paint ( I sold the red one for about $275 a few years ago). Along the way I misplaced the orginal handlebars. I have the original seat post and seat. But I put hi-rise bars and an angled seat post along with a Brooks leather racing saddle modified with spring suspension. Great riding bike but I need space in the garage.
What do you think the value is?
Thanks,
Al

Attachments

• 20200702_085543_01.JPG
    20200702_085543_01.JPG
    812.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200702_125324_01.JPG
    20200702_125324_01.JPG
    636.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200702_140036_01.JPG
    20200702_140036_01.JPG
    698.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi. I haven't posted in a while. I have an all original 67 Typhoon with a two speed hub. I actually had two of these and I used the best parts to build this one. It has the "Radiant Coppertone" paint ( I sold the red one for about $275 a few years ago). Along the way I misplaced the orginal handlebars. I have the original seat post and seat. But I put hi-rise bars and an angled seat post along with a Brooks leather racing saddle modified with spring suspension. Great riding bike but I need space in the garage.
What do you think the value is?
I see you have this listed on CL. I personally think $400 is a reach. Vintage bikes are a tough sell in central and upstate. I would think the original parts would increase the value as most people looking for a bike like this want to see the Schwinn stuff. Shipping is a pain in the ... so i understand you not wanting too. Unfortunately the Ebay is the way to get it in front of the most potential buyers. You may have luck selling it in parts as the paint seems OK it is hard to tell from pictures. this would still require shipping. I have a few for sale in my area and I can not find buyers. Good luck

Thanks for the reply, mbmm, I do expect this to be difficult to sell. I sold the red one which was built from the lesser condition parts for $300 - delivered cross county. The coppertone bike has better tires and tubes, better overall condition, and the custom parts. Its still Spring here so I won't give up yet, though I may flex a little on the price. There may be other sale venues also that I haven't considered.
Thanks very much.
Al
Jordan, NY

Latest posts

Back