Urban Menace bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bikeridetheworld said:
would a 29er mountain bike wheel fit in the frame?

I don't think it will fit. I know a 27" wheel will just fit it you install the wheel with no air in the tire. I think the 29er's use a 28" wheel and probably wouldn't even with flat tires.

CommitClothing said:
I always hate the blatant plugs...but If you need any more Apparel/ Stickers/Marketing, Let me know, I own a screen Printing/Embroidery/Marketing business and I would love to help you out! Love the bikes, They remind me of the Nirve Night owl, I bought one last summer and Love it! Not my classiest bike, but It sure gets the job done. Just FYI, any internal shifting hub is awesome on these cruiser-BMX Hybrids, but be careful, I have blown three, and now have the bike turned back into a single speed. Let me know If I can Do anything for ya. We do a lot of work for custom start up clothing companies, and currently do apparel for @least a dozen bike groups.

Thanks... I think. :lol: I am in the market for more t-shirts. I'll pm you for that. I try to keep all of my bikes as clean looking as possible with no cables or clutter. I have read tons of reviews and rants about multi-speed hubs and am not to eager to build a bike using one... other than on my own bike. I wouldn't want a customer coming back with an exploded hub, that and I gear my bikes pretty close to a 2:1 ratio which can handle hills and all types of riding.

armandgil said:
bikeridetheworld said:
would a 29er mountain bike wheel fit in the frame?

I don't think it will fit. I know a 27" wheel will just fit it you install the wheel with no air in the tire. I think the 29er's use a 28" wheel and probably wouldn't even with flat tires.
29er's use a 700c rim, slightly smaller than 27". Very slightly. :|

The newest Menace to hit the road:

DSC04551.jpg

DSC04553.jpg

Back