Urban Menace bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bigger pics and the wife's bike.
DSC03352.jpg

DSC03350.jpg

DSC03354.jpg

DSC03356.jpg

Sorry for the size, but they look much better. :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
The cruiser looks really sweet.

What stem are you using?
I am using a new one I got from Chain gang lowrider. I also replaced the front sprocket with something a little more heavy duty due to some bending from mashing on the pedals.

ArtGeco said:
armandgil said:
armandgil

So, Club Homeboy huh?

About 20 years ago I acquired
a beret (hat) with a little badge
shaped patch on the front that said
"Club Homeboy". I always wondered what
that was about. Can you fill me in?
Club Homeboy was a little bit of fun set up by the boys over at Freestylin' magazine. I'm not really sure why they set it up but I am a card carrying homeboy with official proof of homeage .... a laminated card. :lol: I think you would get into contests and shows free or at a discount if I remember correctly. I just bought some homeboy stickers off of ebay for cheap, repros but cool for us old guys.

cman said:
I really like those. Get to building and selling. Do you have plans for a brake option?
Brake option? It has a coaster brake, if you need more brakes than that wear a helmet. :lol: kidding. You could fit a front brake on it but the back brake bridge is bent to accommodate the big wheels. I also left on the fenders mounts and chain guard tab but those can all be added when you buy it for $500. :wink:

Just an update for those who may be wondering. Still plugging along, have a website now: urbanmenacebikes.com. No more t-shirts but still have some decals. Sold the original Menace and built up another and have recently found cheaper parts so the next one hopefully won't cost as much. This one is $600 but has a origin 8 three piece crank and sealed bottom bracket and has paint. Here's some pics. and check out the website!

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00288.jpg

ohchusan said:
great looking bikes!!!!
who would've thought that skinnys could look so cool on a cruiser frame!!!... btw, is that a reg "26" wheel" frame or sumthin larger?

Regular frame, has to be the Schwinn copy with the curved rear brake bridge. The rear wheel wouldn't fit on a straight brake bridge frame I had.

armandgil said:
ohchusan said:
great looking bikes!!!!
who would've thought that skinnys could look so cool on a cruiser frame!!!... btw, is that a reg "26" wheel" frame or sumthin larger?

Regular frame, has to be the Schwinn copy with the curved rear brake bridge. The rear wheel wouldn't fit on a straight brake bridge frame I had.

ah...yes.... i see that now.

thanks for the info and good luck with your business!! i'm sure you'll do great!

hewey said:
blsm said:
armandgil said:
...I don't want to pay $30/month for a website yet.

MySpace is always free

I did that for my tiki carvings :D Then realised only people logged in could see my carvings :oops: :roll: Maybe a free blog would be a good option?

There are several places to go to build a website thats free i've used weebly.com Only thing is your website would be something like urbanmenace.weebly.com
as for whole sales try http://www.fnrco.com/index.php

I reckon the general idea is darn sweet, but i find the seat and fork a bit cheesy- 90s cheap mtb- looking. it must be hard to find new parts in plentiful supply that look right though, if you're going into production. have you considered a fixed gear version?

Hey guy's, thanks for the kind words! And to answer a few questions:

bikeridetheworld: I'm paying for a website now, something like $12 a month and just got an account with F&R!

FunkyStickman: If you send me a postcard, I'll send you sticker. :)

JOScatRATrod: To each his own I guess, the seat on the black bike is a leather Selle Italia which is not so cheap and the forks are road bike forks that taper down closer to the wheel. I did straight a straight BMX type fork but that looked cheap. I also would've had to replace the front hub to a bolt on. I have built two fixed gear bikes so far and sold them both without wheels. They like the look but want to be able to coast which is why the coaster brake hubs.

I always hate the blatant plugs...but If you need any more Apparel/ Stickers/Marketing, Let me know, I own a screen Printing/Embroidery/Marketing business and I would love to help you out! Love the bikes, They remind me of the Nirve Night owl, I bought one last summer and Love it! Not my classiest bike, but It sure gets the job done. Just FYI, any internal shifting hub is awesome on these cruiser-BMX Hybrids, but be careful, I have blown three, and now have the bike turned back into a single speed. Let me know If I can Do anything for ya. We do a lot of work for custom start up clothing companies, and currently do apparel for @least a dozen bike groups.

Back