Updated photo of Stretch Orangestrong

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This is the most recent photo of the Orange Stretch posted before in the photo contest (wrong place!) Shows the fianl choices for several items.
This was taken Sunday, 7/8.

Rat Royale
REC elsewhere

You don't have to ask me Twice what I think of it!!!

I'd Roll that in a Second,
in Fact..I might be trying the Ape's now on my Slick Daddy.

Thanks for the Inspiration,
that's a Great looking Build!

peace,
Kev.

Where did you get the frame? I want to build something similar for my wife at some point

Great job on it-the color looks awesome!

Mark

Answers (?) to the reaponses...

Boneshaker said:
He he hee, Stretch Orangestrong, he he he hee.
:lol:

Yeah, I got a weird sense of humor. Thanks for noticing!

The frame was a Kustom Kruiser Slick Daddy when I bought it. It was new in Jan. of '04. I liked it to begin with but got bored with it. Changes came over the duration, some stayed, some left. This is close to done, it may get a new paint/powdercoat in the future.

The fun started when the 54 tooth front sprocket came into play. Added 7 speeds, so on and so forth....

Thanks for the compliments and comments.

The fun started when the 54 tooth front sprocket came into play. Added 7 speeds, so on and so forth....

Rat Royale....
How does it Ride with the Extra 10 Teeth ???

I'm looking to Upgrade mine myself.
what's The Cadence Like now with the 54 ??

Thanks,
Kev.

Rat Royale....
How does it Ride with the Extra 10 Teeth ???

I'm looking to Upgrade mine myself.
what's The Cadence Like now with the 54 ??

Thanks,
Kev.[/quote]

Kev,
Tha 3 speed was fun with it, and if I was doing this again, I'd still go the same route. The cadence (?) is LONG! When you get into the 7th gear, you can be movin' right along. I don't do a lot of haulin', but it feels REALLY good to get into 7th and move. A lot of wind (and me a lot winded!) goes by.

I will say one thing on this, and that is if you have a lot of ups and downs, the lower gears are STILL very useful. 4th and 5th seem close to normal for the way it was, and 6th and 7th are for ground covering....

Hope that helps a little. I'm not a big technical bike guy, I just like to mess around, and see what I can put together and make work. This bike was a test, and it works great to me. The one thing I ALWAYS do, is make sure the tires are at or close to max inflation... Wanna keep that rollin' resistance down to a minimum.

Rat Royale
REC elsewhere

I love to go fast, Id have it in 7th gear all the time. i love speed.

Latest posts

Back