Update!! Got crank and sprocket Manta-x? Mantabmx new Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK well here is the start of my first build In a LONG time Please give me some ideas, your thoughts, Likes? Dislikes? Its Nowhere near done as you can see. But Im stuck on the handlebars. Im not real sure which way to go, Full out BMX style or kinda cruiser? or Straight bar? I plan on using a Schwinn MAG crank wheel but do you guys have better ideas? I wont change the wheels or seat but Im good with anything else changing. LMK Thanks!

mantabmx.jpg

BTW the bike will be getting powdercoated...I think black but any other ideas?

Re: Manta-x? Mantabmx new Build

i think ether straight bar or some low bmxers depends on the chain ring youll use

Any one of those choices will be stylin', pick the one that gives you the best riding position. If you go flat bar, you might want to go with some skinnier rubber. :wink:

I like the dark green color...it's different, kinda like a "new" black :wink:
Everyone does black (I'm guilty of that as well) and I'm beginning to think that maybe it's overdone. But this is only my opinion. Your mileage may vary. 8)

Cool looking...kinda reminds me of the old schwinn predator...

Ok I got my handle bars in from member OGGY I put them on today. OK I think the build go something like this

Frame= Powder coat yellow
Chain guard= Black

Then I want to add the decals back on the frame in Black and the decals on the chain guard in yellow

mantax.jpg

mantax1.jpg

Re: Update!! Manta-x? Mantabmx new Build

Thats going to be awsome!!cool simple frame+
sweet seat and I realy like the wheelset!
love the seatpostclamp :oops:
but the grips........a little thick for me...

i`m looking forward to see the the Chainring!
and the chainguard!

klaas

Thats where Im stuck at Im not sure what chain ring to go with. Ive seen some I like but everyone wants an arm and leg for them. Yeah ive got some vintage hunt wilde grips on order, so these ones will go.

Thanks!

I am liking that look. Nice job turning that frame into something it was not.

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! BMW tribute rulez! good job!

Back