UPDATE: 1976 Stingray found in the trash

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
About 2 months ago this Five Speed Stingray was rescued from the trash and now she's mine! How could anyone throw her away?! Except for the front tire she's all original down to both tire tubes.

1976FiveSpeedStingray.jpg

1/19/12, I restored the bike by taking it completely apart, clean, lube and adjust. The goal was to use every working part recovered. It's pretty much all the original except for the pedals and a hand brake lever.

Restored1976FiveSpdStingray.jpg

More work needs to be done after I road test her. After that I'll start replacing parts like the '76 handlebars, clamps, etc...

Re: 1976 Stingray found in the trash

Wow, you don't seem to see the post stick-shift 5 speeds.. very nice!

Wow some people are oblivious. Glad you rescued it. Looks like it's in great shape!

Tragedy avoided! Nice salvage. Enjoy the restoration, you good sir, are a hero 8)

Where'sMyBike said:
How could anyone throw her away?!

The conversation probably went something like this:

Idiot #1: What should I do what that old red bike?
Idiot #2: They don't sell them kinda bikes at Wal-mart no more, so who would want it? Might as well throw it in trash! :mrgreen:

GREAT score bro! Keep us posted on the restoration.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Great score!!!

I'm actually a little jealous. 8) .

That bike looks like mines' younger sister-the one that got all the good stuff.

What chuckle head would throw that away!! Sheesh

Whats wrong the '76 bars and stuff? Nice find, but I still can't wrap my mind around somebody so foolish as to throw away a Sting-Ray. :shock:

Back