Unusual seat clamp

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 level clamp
the bolted clamp has a spacer in the center to prevent the bolt from squeezing on the seat post, it just holds the seat to the clamp
the lever clamp holds the clamp to the seat post.

I'm guessing this allows yo to remove the seat but not the seat post without tools. Not really a theft deterrent.
It won't let you adjust the height of the seat.

IMG_6061.JPG
IMG_6062.JPG
IMG_6063.JPG

2 level clamp
the bolted clamp has a spacer in the center to prevent the bolt from squeezing on the seat post, it just holds the seat to the clamp
the lever clamp holds the clamp to the seat post.

I'm guessing this allows yo to remove the seat but not the seat post without tools. Not really a theft deterrent.
It won't let you adjust the height of the seat.

View attachment 254364View attachment 254365View attachment 254366
Put your favorite seat on any of your bikes, mind you if you leave your bike on the back of your car or camper removing the seat might be a little deterent

I see a benefit for someone who locks up their bike in a public location. They often have to remove the seat so it doesn't get stolen. If the bike is locked, through the wheels and frame, this leaves the seat vulnerable. It allows you to remove and reattach the seat at the same position. Having the QR on the post means that you have to re set the seat height every time. That's my theory

I ju
I see a benefit for someone who locks up their bike in a public location. They often have to remove the seat so it doesn't get stolen. If the bike is locked, through the wheels and frame, this leaves the seat vulnerable. It allows you to remove and reattach the seat at the same position. Having the QR on the post means that you have to re set the seat height every time. That's my theory
I just use 10 foot cabling off a Battleship that runs through all removable parts

Latest posts

Back