Untouched as they get, 1920's woman's elgin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the tires off because they are hard as a rock.I want to just disassemble, clean/wash, assemble with fresh tread. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would wager hens to apples that those decades old layers of protective vintage dust coatings acquired since she went on sabbatical possibly 4 score and twenty years ago have surely done a real darn dandy of a job providing her a graceful transition through the years.
She's a real pip and with a full package like that, fully deserves another whirl 'round the town any day or night.
No doubt in my mind that after a couple of gentle days at the spa and a pair of new shoes will have her just raring to go and ready to hit the town.
Maybe find a stool by the soda counter at the corner drug store or maybe meet the old gang at Woolworth's to hear the new 78 gramophone records and have a thick slice of cherry pie and a malt at the lunch counter.
Ooh, those secrets and sweet surprises that await....ahhhh!
Very nice save.:thumbsup:

I'd say Mid 30s, that should shine up really nice.

And for cleaning it I'd suggest wd40 and 0000 steel wool. And then clean the wd40 off with mineral spirits when your all done. Then wipe it all down with a then layer of boiled linseed oil or wax it up.

Latest posts

Back