Unknown Tandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Value would really depend on if you think you could separate them. How good are you?! It looks like the headtube was left on the Huffman and the other tube just shoved up through it?

People are always looking for those forks; those can be sold for 100$. Just point out to him that the thing is two bikes welded together and work on it from there. Though, I know what it can be like to tell a friendly old-timer that something isn't what they think.. The safety streamline frame would make somebody very happy if it can be saved.

I think the rear could be seperated by somebody w/ tools and skills. Both of which we all know I have neither.
I did point out to him that it two made into one and that it was most likely a homemade build instead of a professional. But that before he asked me those dreaded words.....:(

just be honest with the guy, it's pretty much yard art as it sits but you might figure 3-5 hours labor to separate the good bike out of it. then it's either build it cheap with what you have on hand or spend a lot of $ to make it right. You can always negotiate up I say. offer him $100 and see where it goes. maybe you have stuff he might trade for? Offer to trade some labor? good luck!

Well, I think we may have struck a deal.....

user_12591_FCX7Z6QC.gif

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Back