Unknown Tandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Came across this today. I cant tell if it's a home-built bike or not.

No headbadge or evidence of one.
Unique rear frame looks factory.
Evidence of factory appearing pinstriping.
All lines seem to flow.
Serial number on bottom of front BB are large numbers, approx. 3/8" tall and uneven.
Unique shape to the front fork.
All of the brazing points are crappy but match; I don't know if someone was just reinforcing the original.

Thoughts??

Tandem01-vi.jpg

Tandem04-vi.jpg

Tandem03-vi.jpg

Tandem02-vi.jpg

Tandem12-vi.jpg

Not sure really. Bu initial impression is it was built by someone in their garage, at least the tandem part of it. Be cause of all the miss match parts. Top tube looks hand bent but may be the pic.

Oh man, that's the saddest of things. The back was a rare Huffman Super Streamline, 1937-38ish. The front half looks like just some diamond frame that had the middle tube added. Front forks are a CWC "Flying V" circa '35-37. Colson front ring. Rear looks like a Rollfast chainring. I weep for that Huffman.

what, you don't have it yet! I think the good half could be saved.

Unfortunately no. Saw it as I was driving by. I was working so no bike buying was to be done. The owner was cool with me stopping an asking to take pics tho. I'll be going back very soon to see if he'll sell it.

Got a couple minutes to stop and talk to the owner again. Great old guy.....fun to talk to. But in the end, the conversation ended with my biggest fear hearing him say "Shoot me an offer. What do you think it's worth?" I'm thinking he's getting American Picker-it is and is seeing green. So I ask you this......WWYP? What Would You Pay for something like this in it's condition but with factoring in what it is or could be? Honesty please....

Back