Unknown lightweight?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings everybuggy! This is a bike I picked up at an auction from a friend of mine whose father passed suddenly away. The bike has all its parts working (those that are there(?)), but is missing the headbadge, chainguard, and I think, fenders. Also the fork is pretty badly bent but salvageable. I am still out on what to do with it yet but, I would like to at least find out what it is and perhaps even get a replacement headbadge if it's id-able. Any ideas guys? Oh, the serial number is 4677080, since you can hardly see it in the pics. If I need to take any different angle shots, please let me know. thanks in advance!
IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

It's some sort of Raleigh brand. Beyond that it'd be hard to tell with the fenders, etc. missing.

Edit: is there any outline left by the headbadge? The shape might give the brand away.

Based on the lugs, chain ring, handlebar stem and 4 stripes on seat tube, I'd say it looks like a Hercules.
Post-buyout, so Raleigh brand is also right.

bprophet said:
Based on the lugs, chain ring, handlebar stem and 4 stripes on seat tube, I'd say it looks like a Hercules.
Post-buyout, so Raleigh brand is also right.
Based on what you said, I googled it, and what do you know? there it sat, in all its splendor and glory. A far cry from what was sitting in my back yard. Well considering that everything is missing, I think that If I can find a head badge, I will just repaint it and make it my work bike, so I can start rebuilding my current work bike. Thanks for everybody's help!

Latest posts

Back