Union cargo bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a present from a friend. One of his neighbours wanted to sell it, so he, knowing that I liked it, bought it and gave to me. It'll take some time but it will be rideable again.

DSCN3095.jpg

DSCN3096.jpg

DSCN3098.jpg

DSCN3103.jpg

I'm still trying to find out more about it, but for now I am content to own yet another mighty ugly bicycle.

"The Blue One"?
'Korthals' is the brand name, there are about 10 of them. It is a moped cargo trike.
The frontwheels, axles and brakes come off a small car (Fiat 126 in some cases), the rear wheel is a front wheel from a BMW motorcycle or something similar, the engine is a Honda 50cc. The rest is a new construction from square tubing. It is designed to be narrow enough for this city to squeeze through traffic jams and those pesky little posts they put along the sidewalks, and to take a load of 400Kg (880Lbs). I'll try to get some more pictures.

Cman: Yes, there is beauty in functionality. But every now and then I like to call something ugly, especially when I like it. Silly habit.

Udall: You give some, you get some. Not necessarily to/from the same person.

My bad. I collect old mopeds. The cargo models are pretty much non existent in the US.

C.S. said:
SSG said:
That's a nice little cargo bike. I like the bakbrommer too!

And the word for the bike is "transportfiets", in case you wanted to know.
Where you ever over here, or did you pick that up on the NET?

Back